Rice Krispie Treat Recipe Please!

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 6:17pm by tonedna

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make a head for a 3D cake that I'm doing, but I need a good rice krisipe treat recipe for it. I've used one in the past that was really sticky to work with (may have been the Dutch marshmallows, I've bought American ones this time!), and was all bumpy when I covered it with fondant, despite my smoothing attempts! Anyone have a good one - TIA?!

4 replies
SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 5

I made an RKT animal head just this past week. I didn't use a set recipe for it though. I melted marshmallows with a little white chocolate and then just added the cereal until it looked to be enough. The white chocolate was what I wanted to let you know about though. It is a huge help in getting the RKT to set up firm. I then covered the head in a thin layer of white chocolate and then iced in buttercream so that when I applied the fondant, it would be perfectly smooth. The layer of white chocolate was to keep the moisture of the BC away from the RKT. Here is the topic with the pics. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-591558-30.html

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Sweet Art - it's white chocolate mania in my kitchen today - just made white choc ganache & white choc IMBC for a wedding cake, so I have plenty of the stuff laying around! I shall give your suggestion a try. Did you just mould the shape with your hands whilst the RK were still soft, or use a solid mould and then carve the shape for your head when it was set (I'm doing Yoda from Star Wars!)?

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 5

I just molded it with my hands. The more detailed things like ridges, I just built up with buttercream.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 5

I use the recipee in the box of ricecrispies..and cover itwith eiter RI or buttercream before I put fondant on top of it.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%