What's The Best Tasting Fondant?

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 9:51pm by cb_one

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 1:45pm
post #31 of 42

I just use a few drops of the Lorann. Don't use it very often -- would rather use natural flavors, so I usually do vanilla. But there are those cakes that just HAVE to have a raspberry-flavored fondant, you know?

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:45pm
post #32 of 42

Thanks I'd really like to know how it turns out!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:00pm
post #33 of 42

On two occasions I added a few drops of cocnut Lorann to my MMF and it was really good. It complimented the Italian Cream Cake I used it on very well.

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:06pm
post #34 of 42

where can I find Rhonda's recipe? thanks!

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:14pm
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

I'm not a fan of SI. I don't why some really like the taste because to me it tastes manufactured (like vanilla flavored Play Dough). It also dries too fast and too hard.

I've been wanting to try FondX as I've heard from other's who don't like SI but they do like FondX. Chocopan is too soft IMO.

But I am a die-hard MMF fan. I add 1 tsp of popcorn salt which really helps cut the excess sweetness, 1 T of glycerine to make it more pliable, and I use a dram of LoRann butter flavor. It tastes like BC! I also like the taste of it with Nielsen Massey's chocolate extract.

I agree on Satin Ice. I have 4 kids and they LOVE icing and commenting on it. They hate Satin ice and LOVE LOVE LOVE The one from Michele Foster... I agree!!!!! It is not as quick to make as MMF but way better. And SSSOOOOO worth it!!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:17pm
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceuponacake

where can I find Rhonda's recipe? thanks!

Here you go: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3183-Rhondas-Ultimate-MMF.html

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:30pm
post #37 of 42

thanks!

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:55pm
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

I'm not a fan of SI. I don't why some really like the taste because to me it tastes manufactured (like vanilla flavored Play Dough). It also dries too fast and too hard.

I've been wanting to try FondX as I've heard from other's who don't like SI but they do like FondX. Chocopan is too soft IMO.

But I am a die-hard MMF fan. I add 1 tsp of popcorn salt which really helps cut the excess sweetness, 1 T of glycerine to make it more pliable, and I use a dram of LoRann butter flavor. It tastes like BC! I also like the taste of it with Nielsen Massey's chocolate extract.

I totally agree. I don't get the hype over Satin Ice. I do find it tastes like flavored play-doh, and the elephant skin...ohhh the elephant skin! icon_mad.gif I adore Fondx though, and for chocolate I love Pettinice.

trixe371 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixe371 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:53pm
post #39 of 42

satin ice is fine if I dont have time, but mmf I really lov icon_smile.gif e

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 7:18pm
post #40 of 42

I've tried MMF and Toba's and Pettenice in the past, but now I only use Michele Foster's. I also flavor it with creme bouquet and I think it tastes great. Its so easy to work with, too. You can also melt chocolate with the other wet ingredients to make it a chocolate flavored fondant.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 7:41pm
post #41 of 42

I tried making marshmallow fondant but it was too sweet for me. So I made Michele Foster's recipe, it tasted great and was pretty easy to work with. Then I made LaWanda's white chocolate fondant recipe (I found the recipe in one of the forums but I don't remember which one.) It tasted terrific and was also pretty easy to work with. I'd suggest either MFF or the white chocolate fondant.

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 9:51pm
post #42 of 42

I like working with SI and it tastes good. I just dont like the fact that it dries out so quickly.

Chocopan is delicious but havent tried it, most say its too soft.

MMF tastes good but i've yet to find a recipie that is consistant for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%