Dq Icing

Decorating By jcmm1014 Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 4:49pm by tiggy2

jcmm1014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jcmm1014 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:18am
post #1 of 11

Can anyone tell me what kind of frosting Dairy Queen uses on their ice cream cakes? My family can't stand BC..too sweet. icon_sad.gif
Thanks in advance
Susie

10 replies
nicknack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicknack Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 11

Well I decided to google it to see and it said they frost the cake with equal parts icec ream to thawed frozen whipped topping beaten together. sounds very messy though so I dont know if that has any truth behind it.
My family also thinks buttercream is very sweet and so my mom tried using the package from Micheals that you just add water too and she said it was awesome.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 11

I love the bettercreme I get it at GFS ( GORDONS FOOD SERVICE ) its in the cooler and you whip it up to a very yummy whipped icing !

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 11

The DQ where I live uses Rich's Bettercreme! So do I.....yummy

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 11

Yep you cant beat the bettercreme! And all the different flavors you can make with it !awesome yummmy !

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 11

so is bettercreme like a whipped topping as opposed to a buttercream. like at walmart you can choose the buttercream or whipped??? TIA, ruby

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:21pm
post #7 of 11

Yes a whipped topping ! Light and Fluffy !!!

jcmm1014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jcmm1014 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 11:44pm
post #8 of 11

AAAARRRRGGHHH!!! Don't get me wrong..I love Canada and wouldn't change that for love nor money...but I wish we could get our hands on all the products you have stateside.
Thanks for your help though.
Susie

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:07pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm1014

AAAARRRRGGHHH!!! Don't get me wrong..I love Canada and wouldn't change that for love nor money...but I wish we could get our hands on all the products you have stateside.
Thanks for your help though.
Susie

I just went through all this last week when I was trying to make an ice cream cake. I ended up doing what Baskin Robbins does. I made the layers of ice cream and cake, then iced the outside of the cake with slightly melted vanilla ice cream. After it refroze, I piped borders and decorations of buttercream. That way, if you don't like buttercream, there won't be that much on the cake at all!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:42pm
post #10 of 11

Ever tried SMBC or IMBC? It's not sweet at all like regular BC and reminds me more of a whipped topping.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:49pm
post #11 of 11

The DQ's here use Dixie's whipped icing as do the local grocery stores. She has a web site if you want to check it out http://www.dixiesicing.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%