Did You Hear That?????

Decorating By mommicakes Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 12:34am by Zaxapi

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:05pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by azureblu

When I was in baking school, we had a bride who needed a cake for 60 people, but wanted the look and size of cake for 200 people. A five tier cake. This was mostly for pictures.

So I made the bottom two sizes in a dummy cake, then the top three sizes in cake.. the dummy cakes came back to the school and she was thrilled with the look and the price.

I do not do very large wedding cakes any more, and use this idea all the time for smaller weddings. Azure

You DID charge her SOMETHING for the dummies, though, right? icon_confused.gif

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:19pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

shoot, if someone wants a twinkee for a wedding cake, just send them this photo...

Setup and Delivery is extra of course.

At least everyone gets a Twinkie, Ding Dong, Hostess Cupcake or Zinger. Not just the bride and groom. hehehe icon_lol.gif

Seriously. If Twinkies are all you can afford, I'm OK with that. If WM is all you can afford, I'm OK with that too. I've actually had a pretty decent WM wedding cake.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:43pm
post #33 of 34

Thing is, again, our collective clientele is not the bride looking to save money, is it? Those brides are standing at the cake counter at Wal-Mart and Kroger. The ones calling a custom cake maker, and actually booking an appointment are in general, the ones who want a custom cake, yes? And she's willing to pay for it?

What do they care how much it costs? They're trying to impress the other girls in their social/economic circle, with the biggest, best, fanciest cake.

Zaxapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zaxapi Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:34am
post #34 of 34

I find the news to be more of an entertainment program nowadays rather than actual newsworthy topics that are discussed. As for the dummy cakes and the cupcakes there are different types of people. Not all people will have a sit down 7 course meal. And not all people will have just an hordeurve reception. Its just the way it is.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%