Throwdown # 4 Ready To View :)

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 8:12pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:44pm
post #241 of 282

Edna ..they are beautiful cakes ! BUT.. Wheres the rest of them ? I hope you are off on the weekends ?You deserve a break !

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:51pm
post #242 of 282

Good for you, Edna! You go, Girl! Now grab that Margarita and go dancing the Salsa!! Take a spin on the floor for me. I'll be having a Mike's Hard Lime-Aid. DH surprised me with 6 pack.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:53pm
post #243 of 282

i love mikes.... the hard lemon or the limeade...

edna.. i bow to you my dear... 10 cakes... you are my idol... "I am not worthy"

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:20am
post #244 of 282

Oh heck yeah!...I am going to dance salsa...My hand is beat!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did this weird wedding cake for Gators fan. 5 tiers
Royal blue ribbon and orange swirl. With a Eiffel tower on the front of the cake!!!...Like omg!!!!!!!!!
lol...I sitll have lots of them to post.. I stop posting a lot after the chrash.. So I am getting back in track..icon_biggrin.gif

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:18am
post #245 of 282

It's so hard to choose. They are both beautiful! I would be proud to say either were my own creations. You guys did terrific work on your cakes!! Congratulations to you both on jobs well done.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:41am
post #246 of 282

One of these days I'll find the time to get to everyone's photos. Right now I just got back from Michael's (over $100 later. Gee, the price of GP has gone up. LOL - found lots of stuff that I probably shouldn't have bought - but did! icon_biggrin.gif ). Now I'm off to make those Jimmy Choo shoes. Wish me luck.

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:58am
post #247 of 282

You don't really need it; Sugar_Plum_Fairy, I've seen your cakes, but, good luck to you, anyway.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:43am
post #248 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by waywordz

You don't really need it; Sugar_Plum_Fairy, I've seen your cakes, but, good luck to you, anyway.

Thanks, waywordz, how sweet of you!!! icon_redface.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:33pm
post #249 of 282

Ok guys I am sooo sorry I am late.. (life called me off for a min. LOL)

This was ONE heck of a TD!!! The amount of votes amazes me!!! icon_smile.gif

Contestents
Pinklesley1 vs Kansaswolf

BOTH of the cakes are winners in my eyes.. but the winner by the vote number is Pinklesley1 !!!!

WOOO HOOO

I want to thank everybody for putting up with me icon_wink.gif
AND for the contestants being so gracious and wonderful to work with icon_smile.gif

EVERYBODY have a wonderful Saturday!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:01pm
post #250 of 282

lol....congratulations Pinklesley icon_biggrin.gif

pinklesley1 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:39pm
post #251 of 282

NOW for my ACCEPTANCE speech:

THANK YOU... thank you everyone for voting, thank you jennifer for challenging me... you did a wonderful job on the wave.... i want to thank the accademy... jk... no i want to thank everyone who voted... and for putting up with me bumping it at first... jennifer, you do wonderful work and i bow to you, if i could break my immaginary trophy i would give you half....

no for real i had loads of fun making all the critters... so thank u, and i learned a few things along the way...

so im up for another TD... any takers

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:38pm
post #252 of 282

Well, CC has seen fit to punish me for some reason icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif No alerts again.. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif What did I do??? Anyway..... it is great to see you Grace.. I cannot wait to see those Jimmy Choo chooes icon_lol.gif I mean shoes...... I have to tell yall.. I got this idea yesterday.. you know the cute kit they sell now with the molds for making gumpaste shoes that cost $80?? Well (cheapo here) decided to find something to substitute that form to dry the sole on... After looking Hobby Lobby over, and coming up empty handed, it occured to me>>>> duh... what not use a real shoe... you know... a REAL shoe to dry them on.. icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif Is that genius or what?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Will it work? I don't know, but I'm going to try it.... icon_biggrin.gif
Hey Edna...... love that new utube on icing the cake.... sooo kewl to watch you.. icon_lol.gif

pinklesley1 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:42pm
post #253 of 282

by the way...edna say your video... super cool... and thank u edna... thank you christi...

im moving today... yay! (in the most sarcastic voice i can muster up)

so i may be MIA until thursday, when my cable internet at my new place (my parents house) get connected....

if i can get wireless i will touch base, but if not see y'all thursday!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:43pm
post #254 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

but the winner by the vote number is Pinklesley1 !!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to Pinklesley1......... beautiful cake~!

wgoat5 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:46pm
post #255 of 282

Wow Laura GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep 80 bucks for a thing you might use 1 or 2 times is a bit much for me icon_sad.gif

Icing a cake utube video???????? where???????

Good luck on the move Lesley!!! We will miss you!!!

pinklesley1 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:47pm
post #256 of 282

by the way...edna say your video... super cool... and thank u edna... thank you christi...

im moving today... yay! (in the most sarcastic voice i can muster up)

so i may be MIA until thursday, when my cable internet at my new place (my parents house) get connected....

if i can get wireless i will touch base, but if not see y'all thursday!

pinklesley1 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:50pm
post #257 of 282

i dont knwo how the thing got sent twice...
thank u laura...

christi dont miss me much... i will only be gone till thursday ( at the latest )

ill be going through CC withdrawl... oh no ... just realized no cc for 4 days.... feeling the symptoms now... comming down... crashing... oh no....

love you guys... i will come on even if its through dial-up.... (argh super slow but for cc its worth the wait)

tonedna Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #258 of 282

lol..thanks pinklesley..and thanks laura!..
By the way christi. I need to fix something in the video..so if you dont see it try later.. I have to edit something..I let you know if you want!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:52pm
post #259 of 282

Please do Edna icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:58pm
post #260 of 282

I will Christi.. I had to remove to fix something..Is downloading again..And after they appove it it will run back again.. icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:02pm
post #261 of 282

Thanks hun gf!! icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:31pm
post #262 of 282

Ok Christi, here is the new link!

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 7:15pm
post #263 of 282

Awesome job Edna !!! You do yours the same way I do mine... icon_smile.gif Except mine doesn't turn out like yours LOL

tonedna Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 7:19pm
post #264 of 282

lol Christi..Yours turn well too!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:23am
post #265 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Great tutorial Edna! It's to bad I haven't found the speakers for my computer from our move yet but you can be sure I'll be watching it again once I find them!

P.S. I just checked out your website! You have some absolutely amazing cakes on there! Too bad I wasn't closer, I'd have loved to take some of your classes...

tonedna Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:49am
post #266 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Great tutorial Edna! It's to bad I haven't found the speakers for my computer from our move yet but you can be sure I'll be watching it again once I find them!

P.S. I just checked out your website! You have some absolutely amazing cakes on there! Too bad I wasn't closer, I'd have loved to take some of your classes...

Get those speakers!!!!...lol...glad you enjoy!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:03am
post #267 of 282

Just stopped by to check on the winner.

Congratulations, Pinklesley1! You did an amazing job on your cake! Great details!

Jennifer/Kansaswolf, that was a tough competition and I do love the ingenius way you did your wave - for the life of me I can't seem to get my RKT moldings smooth. Don't know how you did it, but I thought it was fantastic. I also loved the piping on it, as well as 'Surfer dude'.

P.S., Jennifer, I tried your Cream cheese-based fondant and everyone loved it, including me (I was eating it like candy as well as using it on my cake!). It was very difficult to work with though (you did warn me), but, oh, so delicous! I assume it has to be kept refrigerated which is what I did and of course, it was humid as all get out on the day I made the fondant and decorated the cake. But thanks again.

I just posted the cake and the shoes. They're currently on the home page and if you miss them, please check out my photos (sorry, I forgot to link them here).

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:25am
post #268 of 282

Yes, congrats to my wonderful competitor! I haven't been able to get on and check this thread since...Friday...so I was a little behind! Lesley, you did a GREAT job on your cake, all the detail and different colors! The umbrella was awesomeness too... icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and all the compliments on the wave were much appreciated! I worked really hard on that, it's so nice for such things to be noticed! icon_lol.gif I tried molding the wave twice, the second time I molded it right after I mixed the RKT. I think that helped the smoothness a tad. Then I iced it in buttercream too...

Sugar_Plum_Fairy, I'm glad you tried my fondant! I think everyone should have tried it before voting on my cake... icon_wink.gif It's a bear, but the taste is SO worth it... I always make extra for the snacking I *KNOW* will happen! icon_biggrin.gif I'll go check out what you did with it!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:59pm
post #269 of 282

Get those speakers!!!!...lol...glad you enjoy![/quote]

Hey Edna,

Finally found the speakers this morning, I've been hunting high and low so I could check out your tutorial. It was well worth it!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:37pm
post #270 of 282

Edna .. What happens to gumpaste (anything) when it sits on buttercream for any length of time ? Anything? does it soften at all or get sticky ? Hows that work ? Thanks! Oh and can you show how to ice square corners to ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%