Is There A Tn Cake Club?

Decorating By JulieB Updated 10 Jun 2013 , 3:53am by kakedecorator

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 81

Where everyone local gets together?

I read about the meeting in Louisville, and that sounds fun, but I am a single mother of four children, and do NOT have childcare anywhere, can't do an eight-hour day thing.

But an hour or two away from the kids while I'm somewhere local is doable, they can watch themselves that long, they're old enough for that.

Do any of y'all get together in any way, shape or form?

80 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 81

I'm going to bump you .. AND give you some names.. you can pm them..

Dolittle

CakesByLJ

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 81

Thank you!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:07am
post #4 of 81

Come on Tn decorators icon_smile.gif help this lovely lady out icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:21am
post #5 of 81

Yes. I lost this thread , thanks for bumping it up.

Yes there is a club in Nashville. I am in a club in Memphis, 3.5 hours West. In fact our West TN club often heads to Nashville for cake camp & stuff. I usually go to stuff in Little Rock AR though because it's only 2 hours away.

Anyhow --let me see if I can find some ICES info for you.

ICES President: B. Keith Ryder, [email protected]

Reps Liaison: Grace McMillan, [email protected]

Email either of these folks.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Yes. I lost this thread , thanks for bumping it up.

Yes there is a club in Nashville. I am in a club in Memphis, 3.5 hours West. In fact our West TN club often heads to Nashville for cake camp & stuff. I usually go to stuff in Little Rock AR though because it's only 2 hours away.

I just stumbled across this thread.. Anyone know of a cake club in Nashville, or vicinity, besides ICES? icon_smile.gif

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 81

Bumping this thread, I'm from Nashville as well!!

TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 81

I am in Chattanooga and would love to join a cake club if there was on within reasonable distance.

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:05pm
post #9 of 81

icon_surprised.gif What about Knoxville/Smoky Mountains areas? Anyone?

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:17pm
post #10 of 81

I'm close Cookeville. Would love to join a cake club!

tonirepko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonirepko Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:21pm
post #11 of 81

Hi TheCakeGirl87,

There is an ICES (International Cake Exploration Society) chapter for TN. Here is the contact information I have:

Leah Langford
[email protected]

I also live in Chattanooga. I don't know of any local things happening with cakes, but I do know that ICES has "Days of Sharing" a couple times of year, usually in Nashville.

Hope this helps a bit.

Also, have all you TN ladies heard about the 3 hour live cake competition that will be held at the State Fair in Nashville this year? I went last year to watch and it was great. Sweet Wise is the sponsor, they are a cake supply place in Nashville.

Toni Repko
Sweet Angel Cakes, LLC

CakesByLJ Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:56pm
post #12 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonirepko

Also, have all you TN ladies heard about the 3 hour live cake competition that will be held at the State Fair in Nashville this year? I went last year to watch and it was great. Sweet Wise is the sponsor, they are a cake supply place in Nashville.

Toni Repko
Sweet Angel Cakes, LLC

Hi Toni... the live competition has been postponed to a future event, sponsored by Kathy... www.sweetwise.com
The fair will have live demonstrations instead.. icon_smile.gif

SeattleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeattleCakes Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:45am
post #13 of 81

We all tried o meet up at one time... I would love to have a monthly meetup to talk cake with actual cake people instead of my hubby (he just stares at me like I am crazy!) We should do lunch or brunch or something icon_smile.gif

Kaysie

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:02am
post #14 of 81

I am in murfreesboro! I am interested in getting together in the vicinity of middle TN

Amanda

nanny4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanny4 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:07am
post #15 of 81

We have a wonderful group TN ICES as mentioned previously (I'm a member) we do meet 2 times year in Lebanon,TN. It is wonderful, great demos, very well worth the time & effort to attend I have listed a few contacts below. We'd love to have all of you join us. We have people from all over TN, KY, AL visit us. The next one is the 1st Sunday in October usually from 9-4.

Please contact one of the ladies below, we'd love to share our day with you.
Sincerely,
Linda
Lafayette, TN

TN ICES Contacts:
Leah Langford
5880 Grosvenor Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
Phone: 901/683-1195
E-Mail: [email protected]

Claudette Tidwell
7544 Lakeview Drive
Nashville, TN 37209-5704
Phone: 615/356-3746

Mary Jo Manis
8723 Washington Pike
Philadelphia, TN 37846-1715
Phone: 865/458-3954

CakesByLJ Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:46am
post #16 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleCakes

We all tried o meet up at one time... I would love to have a monthly meetup to talk cake with actual cake people instead of my hubby (he just stares at me like I am crazy!) We should do lunch or brunch or something icon_smile.gif

Kaysie

Yes, we sure did..... icon_confused.gif so let's set something up this time.. icon_biggrin.gif We have the meeting set in Louisville for Sept 6, so we could set a date later in September if everyone wants to.. I know a great little tea room in Ashland City that is open for lunch that has wonderful food....
http://www.merrimansofashlandcity.com
I think it would be great fun to get together, and I will be happy to go wherever everyone wants to.. icon_biggrin.gif

AmandaPanda Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:50am
post #17 of 81

that would be so fun. My weekends are actually booked through december because of my girl's gymnastics competitions that fall about eveyr other weekend I need a weekend to recoop. I would love to go to something planned some time next year since it will most likely involve a little travel on my part.

pood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pood Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:58am
post #18 of 81

Hi,
I'm right outside Knoxville in Seymour. I would love to see a cake club in the area.

Linda

littlesusie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlesusie Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:19am
post #19 of 81

Hey y'all...I'm in Nashville and would love to hook up! Sunday afternoons are good for me...or whenever really...let's get together for coffee and talk cake soon!

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:28am
post #20 of 81

I have a shop in Lebanon....would love to get together sometime and talk cake icon_smile.gif

laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:55am
post #21 of 81

Hello everybody, I would love to meet you, my husband also looks at me very strange when I talk to him about cakes... icon_smile.gif

I am in Nashville I am available to meet anyone for lunch, brunch or whatever, I am available any day, just let me know.

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:16am
post #22 of 81

I'm in Manchester, a alittle more than an hour outside of Nashville!

CakesByLJ Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:52pm
post #23 of 81

Wow.. this is terrific... Realizing, of course, that we will never be able to find a day that is good for everyone icon_surprised.gif I suggest that we take a vote on a day.... and from the responses, it appears that Nashville would be middle ground. I know a lot of you do cakes, so Fri, Sat would be busy days; Shop owners also.. I think Sunday or Monday would be a good day, and perhaps someone can suggest a place in Nashville (I am not that familiar with Nashville)...

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm
post #24 of 81

we just moved into a new home, and i was just thinking last night that maybe i could start having meetings for all us cc people here in my cake studio. let me start to get a handle on the boxes, and hopefully by next month, it will be set up and ready to go.

i live in franklin, which is only 20 mins south of nashville. i have plenty of space in the new home to host a luncheon for 20 or more people. would anybody be interested?

laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:38pm
post #25 of 81

Bump

It is very sweet of you to offer your studio, I am in any time!
icon_wink.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm
post #26 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

we just moved into a new home, and i was just thinking last night that maybe i could start having meetings for all us cc people here in my cake studio. let me start to get a handle on the boxes, and hopefully by next month, it will be set up and ready to go.

i live in franklin, which is only 20 mins south of nashville. i have plenty of space in the new home to host a luncheon for 20 or more people. would anybody be interested?

What a wonderful and gracious offer....... I'm there thumbs_up.gif perhaps we could have it catered, to make it easier on you.. and everybody pay for themselves.. I love this.. thumbs_up.gif

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:18pm
post #27 of 81

I love the idea!!!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:16pm
post #28 of 81

i was thinking that maybe everyone could bring a covered dish or we could put a tip jar out...just thoughts..
my husband, daughter and i are kind of stranded here in the middle of tennesse, with his family in deep south georgia, and mine 5 hours away in kentucky. i miss those big ole family dinners, so i love getting a chance to make a fuss in the kitchen and looking forward to friends, fun and good times!

AmandaPanda Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:21pm
post #29 of 81

I am not too far from you ... I am in depending on the day, my days are very limited due to my full time job, but I would love to be there if it fits in my schedule icon_smile.gif

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:50pm
post #30 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonirepko

Hi TheCakeGirl87,

There is an ICES (International Cake Exploration Society) chapter for TN. Here is the contact information I have:

Leah Langford
[email protected]

I also live in Chattanooga. I don't know of any local things happening with cakes, but I do know that ICES has "Days of Sharing" a couple times of year, usually in Nashville.

Hope this helps a bit.

Toni Repko
Sweet Angel Cakes, LLC

Yeap, I know about that!! Sweetwise is where I get all my supplies from> icon_biggrin.gif

MIXINVIXEN:

That sounds like a great idea!! Let us know what we can do to help!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%