British Pricing Matrix

Business By Kitty484 Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 8:01pm by Doug

Kitty484 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, does anyone have a British version of the pricing matrices that I've found on here? They are brilliant but they are all in dollars and some of the ingredients and measurements are different to over here.
I'm only a hobby baker and have just taken my first order for a single tier wedding cake but am having real trouble working out where to price myself as I could get more business off the back of this if I get it right!
She knows a lot of people, including the owner of a wedding planning company so if I overprice myself, I could lose future orders. But if I underprice I could be damaging myself because other people will want low prices! The lady is also a friend so I have to get the balance right!
Please help!

2 replies
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 3

I highly recommend Cake Boss (it adjusts itself to the currency where you live and you get to choose how something is measured in costing out your recipes), I finally get to accurately price and pay myself for doing a cake - no longer earning £20 on a cake that took me 6 hours to do!

Doug Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 3

download the American version.

grab a teenage who really is "in" to computers and knows how to work w/ spread sheets.

bribe him/her with cakes and cookies

teen will be able to make all the necessary adjustments rather easily.

Quote by @%username% on %date%