Cookie Sticks Are Sliding Out??? Whats The Best Way To Fix

Baking By sweetcravings Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 3:29pm by Yomomma

sweetcravings Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 6

so that it doesn't look obvious, and they stay on? I've never had this happen before. I bake the sticks with the cookies and generally i never have slippage. i dunno why this is happening now.

5 replies
yankeegal Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 6

I use a little royal icing in the hole to hold it securely. I put my sticks in after I bake and rarely have any come loose.

charlieinMO Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 6

I cook mine with the sticks in also. I used to have them "spin" on the stick sometimes but I started adding a little cookie dough to the back (over the stick) before I cooked them and that seems to have stopped that. I have heard of using Royal Icing as Yankeegal says or some melted chocolate. Good luck.

indydebi Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 2:39am
post #4 of 6

I made a 12-cookie arrangement yesterday. I put the stick in before baking. For some reason, after I got the stick in, I pressed down on the cookie where the stick was ... compressing the dough around the stick.

I've had the spinning cookie problem before but every one of these stayed in place great!

sweetcravings Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 2:47am
post #5 of 6

Hmm..indydebi I do it that way too. I just put my hand ontop of the cookie, and gently push in the stick, then bake. It's weird, i've never had this problem. The only thing i can think of is i am using the dark chocolate cookie recipe posted here not long ago. Maybe, that's the problem. Never made them on sticks before.
I ended up putting some royal on the ends of the sticks and pushed them in the cookie again. It seemed to solve the spinning problem.
Thanks everyone.

Yomomma Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 6

I damped the end of the cookie stick in water before placing in dough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%