Mocha Filling?

Baking By shaonh Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 11:59pm by Jayde

shaonh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaonh Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. I'm a newbie so i need some help from you. My aunt will be visiting us shortly and I want to make her a cake for her. She likes the mocha flavor, so i wanted to make a white/yellow cake with mocha filling and ice with IMCB. I thought about filling with mocha IMCB but i'm looking for something lighter like a mousse or something else.

Can you guys help me out?

Thank you soo much!!

3 replies
imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 4

welcome to cake central!! i wish i had a recipe for that too. that sounds great. we have LOTS of great cooks/chefs here so i hope you (and i) get some good ideas!

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 4

no one yet?

well, are you able to get your mits on some rich's bettercream? maybe you could use dream whip if not (requires refrigeration) with some instant mocha mix?

where's jan? i'll go look for her. she's a great resource.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 4

Espresso Chocolate Mousse

Mousse:
1/2 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
3 large egg whites

In a small saucepan over medium heat stir together the milk with the sugar and the espresso powder until the milk is hot, but not boiling, and the sugar is dissolved. Place the chocolate chips in a blender.
Pour the hot milk over the chips. Run the blender on high until combined, a few seconds. Add the egg whites and run the blender on high until light, about 1 minute. Transfer the mousse to a plastic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until firm, about 3 hours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%