When Will I Learn? :p

Decorating By DoniB Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 3:05am by lindy01

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:28am
post #91 of 101

Well, I made the delivery with no problem, and I actually got a tip out of it! icon_biggrin.gif But for now, I am resting and getting ready to watch the Ace of Cakes marathon icon_biggrin.gif At least until DH comes home and switches the channel to ESPN icon_cry.gif

As far as next weekend, I am sure that I will be here yet again. I have a 10 inch 4th of JUly 50th anniversary cake with lots of red and white fondant roses and a 12x18 sheet cake for my husband's clown party that will hopefully have an edible image on it.

Btw, does anyone know if you can take out the print head on the Canon ip3500?

Anyway, here is my creation.
LL

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:35am
post #92 of 101

very nice, BCM! (I'm giving you a nickname... hope you don't mind! teehee)

I like that!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:40am
post #93 of 101

BCM!! I love it! icon_lol.gif

I'm glad you liked the cake

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:50am
post #94 of 101

I'm a very last minute person. I enjoy the extra time when I do start things earlier, but more often than not I usually end up doing everything as late as possible.

I didn't start baking last night until after 7 for a cake due at 1:30 today.

I had to laugh though. The girl called yesterday afternoon about 2 asking about pick up and asked how it looked. I explained that it wasn't done yet, as I like to bake the day before. Then about a hour later her sister who was picking it up called to ask for directions and asked if they could see a picture. "Sorry still 'working' on it."

I told my mom about it and she laughed too, and was like did they think you made it weeks ago and are just gonna pull it out and give it to them?

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:58am
post #95 of 101

I actually got about 4 hours of sleep last night after finishing my cake. It is posted in my pics! Suprisingly, it actually went off without a hitch. For my first wedding cake, I was pretty pleased! I hope that I get more orders or referrals! Next time at least I know a little more on how to space out my time and plan a little better!

DoniB Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 11:21am
post #96 of 101

it's great, Chrissy!!! You did a wonderful job! icon_smile.gif Hey, and now that the first one's out of the way, you know you can do it and you won't be nearly as nervous the next time. Okay, you'll still be nervous, but not as much. icon_razz.gif

Congrats!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:05pm
post #97 of 101

Chrissy,

I loved your wedding cake! I look forward to seeing many more from you.

Great job!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:01am
post #98 of 101

Nice job this week ladies. I can't post my pictures until next week becuase I left for vacation today. I told DH I'm a little sad because I have to go a whole week without baking a cake.

I ended up not going to sleep until 3pm but could only take a nap because I had two more cakes to deliver.

One good thing, when I came in with a stacked book cake (I made a grand entrance) everyone was like "oh aw" and they couldn't believe it was cake. Almost everyone whipped out their cell phones to take pictures. icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:04am
post #99 of 101

Hey everyone. It's almost 11pm and I'm just getting started on CC for the night. I luckily am done with my cakes for the next icon_lol.gif week and a half. I'm sure I'll make at least a 4th of july one though. I didn't take pictures of all of the cakes I made since this thread started since some of them I've done many times before. I did a red octopus for a little boy yesterday whose party was today. The grandma (who ordered the cake) called and said that Gage wouldn't let them cut his cake and wants to keep it as a pretend pet icon_confused.gif
His twin brother got mad because had a sheet cake from somewhere and they cut and served it instead. The twins turned 8 today. I'm glad they liked the cake but I though it was horrid! I hated it so much I charged her only $25 for it. (she did give me a $10 extra though) Mind you she is a family friend and I love her very much so I wasn't going to charge her full price anyways, just cost of ingredients. It was done so badly that I just wanted to hang my head in shame. I had just enough red fondant to cover this nasty thing once. The fondant has some massive blemishes in it but I couldn't fix them. It doesn't help that they wanted it to look as real as possible without being too gross like a regular octopus. It's sooooo ugly!!!! The design and the cake decorating itself. (can you tell I'm totally hating this one icon_lol.gif Thank goodness it wasn't for a fully paying customer.)

All of you have been working so hard and I just love the cakes! Keep it up, but this time all of you at least need to try to sleep icon_lol.gif

DoniB Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:29am
post #100 of 101

Ahhh... I think he's awesome!!! Very realistic, and I can see why the little guy wants to keep him. Hmmm... maybe someone should make him a copy in cloth, so he can keep that one. icon_razz.gif

But I think it's wonderful. Don't beat yourself up. icon_smile.gif

lindy01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindy01 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:05am
post #101 of 101

it's not so bad. i think any boy would love this cake!! well done

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%