Can I Do This?

Decorating By revel Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 3:01pm by andromedaslove

revel Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:16am
post #1 of 11

I bought these silicone baking cups today and i'm wondering if i can make chocolate cups with them? Will it work? it doesn't say on the package!

10 replies
all4cake Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #2 of 11

I would think you could. You can make chocolate cups with just about anything.

The package of balloons don't mention they can be used for making chocolate cups either

jessieb578 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #3 of 11

Do you mean chocolate cups like a peanutbutter cup? I saw on another thread today someone did a chocolate covered oreo in these, but they put them in a cupcake tin for stability I think.

baycheeks1 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:37am
post #4 of 11

There is a show that comes on tv down in Houston that is called Bake, Decorate, Celebrate and it has some really basic things it...anyhow one of the shows from last week about about making chocolate lined cups from these silicone cups and also from the giant cupcake pan and how you can fill them with what ever.

So the point I'm tryin to get at is that yes you can, but make sure you make several coats of the chocolate...coat, refrigerate, coat...I think you get the idea. Maybe two or three times. Hope it helps!

revel Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:42am
post #5 of 11

Thanks for th help! I'm hoping to do something along the lines of this

revel Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:44am
post #6 of 11

Oh welcome to CC babycheeks1!

baycheeks1 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:47am
post #7 of 11

Thanks for the welcome...I've been on here for some time...just havent posted anything...aside from pictures...but thanks again!

andromedaslove Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 12:23am
post #8 of 11

Ok... as soon as I saw your post I ran and grabbed my Wilton Cupcake Fun book. There is a detailed description in there of how to do this exact thing. I will try and type it out exactly as it is in the book!!

1. Place silicone baking cups on cookie sheet. Fill with 2 tablespoons melted candy. Brush candy up sides coating evenly to make candy shell. Refrigerate until firm.

2. Peel cup from candy, gently pushing shell from bottom.

3. Keep shell in cool, dry place until ready to fill and serve.

If you would like the photos from the description PM and I will get them to you!!

revel Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:03am
post #9 of 11 are awesome! thanks so much for the directions. Pics would be great! I don't need to srease the cups or anything..right?

andromedaslove Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 3:00pm
post #10 of 11

I do not believe that you need to grease the cups. At least these instructions didn't say to. Here are the illustrations for you. Hope they help!!

andromedaslove Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 3:01pm
post #11 of 11

Ooops.... double post!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%