Kitchen Remodel Suggestions

Decorating By sunlover00 Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 11:13am by leah_s

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:39am
post #1 of 4

I'm going to be expanding onto my kitchen! If you have done this or would like to, what are some things I should do? For instance, I have a standard oven, but I'm going to add an in-the-wall oven also. I'm going to possibly add up to 50 feet of extra counter space including a 6 foot island.

What else should I do?? I currently have a 2 sided sink...should I get a 3 compartment sink or is that silly?

Oh...and I'm putting in 5 feet of shelving floor to ceiling for storage and cakes that need picked up.

What do you have that you love? What do you wish that you had??

Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 10:28am
post #2 of 4

I don't think ya need a 3 com sink. If it was my choice. I would put in cement counter tops, and put my cutting boards recessed in them. I would also put in hanging racks for pots, and pans.

Mike

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 11:05am
post #3 of 4

I would get an extra fridge just for cakes.

Mirowave in the islald to save contertop/cabinet space.

Definely a double wall oven and a cooktop so you can use the cabinet space below.

Also use the kick space under the cabinet to store your long pans and dishcloths.

The empty space between the cabinets can be used for storage. Ie.. if you have 6" total of estra space you can get pan storage.

Just a few ideas. I would spend my money on the countertop.

When you install your cabinets know one will know if they are stock cabinets or high end if you have a great countertop.

I did my kitchen over by myself with a little help from my hubby. I did the demo myself.
I re-routed some plumbing, installed wood floors in small kitchen, stock cabinets and granite tops.

People told me you can't do it yourself. Electrician by trade (female by birth).

When people come over they love the kitchen. Especially the cabinets. (I don't tell them they are Home Depot stock cabinets)

The countertop makes the difference. I had that done by the experts.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 11:13am
post #4 of 4

If this kitchen is going to be licensed, then yes, you probably need that 3 compartment sink. I added an electric convection oven and it was the best thing I did. Well, that and the pre-wash. That thing is fab!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%