Bake Even Strips....what Am I Doing Wrong?

Decorating By amandamotley Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 2:46am by dragonflydreams

amandamotley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandamotley Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:46am
post #1 of 4

I was really excited to try these out. I don't usually have a big problem with domed cakes, but I figured the strips could make them come out perfectly. Well, I just finished using them for the first time, and I'm not impressed.

My cake is sagging in the middle. When I turned it out to cool, I saw that the bottom was sagging too. What's the deal?? I do think I might have slightly overbaked it, but it was developing the sag long before it was ready to come out. Anyone? Thanks!

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:09am
post #2 of 4

First, the bake even strips will not make your cake come out "perfect". It will help the cake bake more evenly, resulting in MUCH LESS of a dome than you were getting before.

I use the strips on every single cake I do .... as small as 6" and as large as 14x22. I don't believe your sagging has anything to do with the strips. I have no other suggestions icon_redface.gif , but cannot imagine how the strips could cause that.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:22am
post #3 of 4

I don't think the strips are causing your problem either...it's almost like the oven is not hot enough...

Jen icon_smile.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:46am
post #4 of 4

. . . sounds like your cake may have fell . . . did you open the door and peek in the early stages of baking by any chance . . . icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%