Brite White?

Baking By rxwoman Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 5:56am by Scrumptious Creations

rxwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rxwoman Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 11

Hi, is there a product known as Brite White. It is a an icing mixture that can be added to buttercream icing to make the icing lighter and fluffier.

10 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 11

Maybe you're refering to "Dream Whip" by KRAFT?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 12:15am
post #3 of 11

Hi and Welcome to CC, rxwoman. icon_smile.gif

Decoding CC acronyms:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-.html

Duplicate post, please also see:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-591922-.html

HTH

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:09am
post #4 of 11

I've used Brite white to lighten my buttercream. I bought it at Micheals. It's next to the colors.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:13am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by steplite

I've used Brite white to lighten my buttercream. I bought it at Micheals. It's next to the colors.

I do believe the OP is referring to a different product. Its an icing base of some kind. Its not the white coloring that I think you are describing.

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:16am
post #6 of 11

What I have is called Icing color White-White. It's in a 2 oz. Bottle and it says it Whitens or lightens icing. But it doesn't make the icing more fluffy So maybe you're looking for something else.

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxwoman

Hi, is there a product known as Brite White. It is a an icing mixture that can be added to buttercream icing to make the icing lighter and fluffier.

Brite White is NOT the Wilton product called White-White. Brite White is very difficult to find (speaking from experience-my cake supply lady retired and wouldn't tell anyone where she ordered it from - she wanted to "sell" that information to other cake supply stores icon_mad.gif )

Another local cake supply store did locate it and ordered it. It's made by Westco and distributed by BakeMark. It's an emulsifier that you add to your Buttercream - about 1 Tbsp per cup of Crisco. If you have a local cake supply store and they are interested in carrying it let me know - I can get the phone number for you.

smc_paralegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smc_paralegal Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 11

Luby:

In your recipe for Buttercream Icing, it calls for Brite White. If I can't find this is there something else that I can substitute with?

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:12pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc_paralegal

Luby:

In your recipe for Buttercream Icing, it calls for Brite White. If I can't find this is there something else that I can substitute with?

You might try to find an icing base called Angel White or National's Snow White icing base. I believe they are similar to Brite White. Basically Brite White is called a white chocolate fudge icing base (at least that's what is on the container). Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find.

Do you have a local cake supply store? If so ask them if they would be willing to purchase it. If so I can refer you to the owner of the store where I buy it and she would be happy to put your supplier in contact with the distributor.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 11

Brite white is an emulsifier to lighten the greasiness of a buttercream frosting. I haven't found it yet -- anyone know where to get it? Local cake stores don't have it and aren't sure where to order it.

Scrumptious Creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scrumptious Creations Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:56am
post #11 of 11

I know this post is old but if you are still looking you can purchase Brite White Fudge Base from www.thecakecottage.net online store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%