rxwoman Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of

Hi, is there a product known as Brite White. It is a an icing mixture that can be added to buttercream icing to make the icing lighter and fluffier.

10 replies
tippyad Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:38pm
post #2 of

Maybe you're refering to "Dream Whip" by KRAFT?

JanH Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 12:15am
post #3 of

Hi and Welcome to CC, rxwoman. icon_smile.gif

Decoding CC acronyms:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-.html

Duplicate post, please also see:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-591922-.html

HTH

steplite Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:09am
post #4 of

I've used Brite white to lighten my buttercream. I bought it at Micheals. It's next to the colors.

alanahodgson Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:13am
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by steplite

I've used Brite white to lighten my buttercream. I bought it at Micheals. It's next to the colors.

I do believe the OP is referring to a different product. Its an icing base of some kind. Its not the white coloring that I think you are describing.

steplite Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:16am
post #6 of

What I have is called Icing color White-White. It's in a 2 oz. Bottle and it says it Whitens or lightens icing. But it doesn't make the icing more fluffy So maybe you're looking for something else.

Luby Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:57pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxwoman

Hi, is there a product known as Brite White. It is a an icing mixture that can be added to buttercream icing to make the icing lighter and fluffier.

Brite White is NOT the Wilton product called White-White. Brite White is very difficult to find (speaking from experience-my cake supply lady retired and wouldn't tell anyone where she ordered it from - she wanted to "sell" that information to other cake supply stores icon_mad.gif )

Another local cake supply store did locate it and ordered it. It's made by Westco and distributed by BakeMark. It's an emulsifier that you add to your Buttercream - about 1 Tbsp per cup of Crisco. If you have a local cake supply store and they are interested in carrying it let me know - I can get the phone number for you.

smc_paralegal Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:32pm
post #8 of

Luby:

In your recipe for Buttercream Icing, it calls for Brite White. If I can't find this is there something else that I can substitute with?

Luby Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 10:12pm
post #9 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc_paralegal

Luby:

In your recipe for Buttercream Icing, it calls for Brite White. If I can't find this is there something else that I can substitute with?

You might try to find an icing base called Angel White or National's Snow White icing base. I believe they are similar to Brite White. Basically Brite White is called a white chocolate fudge icing base (at least that's what is on the container). Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find.

Do you have a local cake supply store? If so ask them if they would be willing to purchase it. If so I can refer you to the owner of the store where I buy it and she would be happy to put your supplier in contact with the distributor.

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 3:38pm

Brite white is an emulsifier to lighten the greasiness of a buttercream frosting. I haven't found it yet -- anyone know where to get it? Local cake stores don't have it and aren't sure where to order it.

Scrumptious Creations Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:56am

I know this post is old but if you are still looking you can purchase Brite White Fudge Base from www.thecakecottage.net online store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%