Edible Image Help

Decorating By Wjk Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 2:20am by JenniferMI

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 6

I will be using an edible image on a 3 tier cake. All 3 tiers will be wraped in an edible image. The bottom and top tier will be dummies. The cakes will be covered in fondant.

How do I attach the edible image to the fondant?

Will the edible image melt once its on the cake?

I'm in AZ and I have about a 20-25 minute drive with the cakes. Its been about 113-115 here and its only getting worse icon_cry.gif

5 replies
roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 6

wow im glad i dont live in AZ icon_wink.gif

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 6

I just peel the back off of my images and adhear with Gumglue or Corn Syrup. It won't melt (on Buttercrearm it will meld in and soften up to feel just like the buttercream). On fondant, it will soften up but it wont melt or ruin the cake. Just make sure you BLAST your A/C in your car and that the venue has A/C. I am in the California desert so we are having triple digit weather as well!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 6

I use a mini spray bottle and lightly mist the back of the image and adhear the cake. I seem to have a hard time with the corn syrup getting thin enough on thin images. Some images are thicker and would be easier to use the syrup on, but mine are pretty thin. Good luck and blast that ac in car for a good while before you load!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 6

Warm water and cornsyrup do mix well together to thin it out if need be (forgot to mention to dilute it)!! Works like a charm with a tiny paintbrush or even in a spray bottle. I have done both. Either way, this is a doable solution!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:20am
post #6 of 6

I just dampen a paper towel and wipe the area you want to adhere the image to. Make sure you use a VERY light coating of water, only dampen it. I do this all the time.

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%