Lopsided Cupcakes???

Decorating By Ro40 Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 1:28pm by btrsktch

Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 7

I keep having a problem with my cupcakes coming out lopsided. I think it is from using an ice cream scoop to put the batter into the paper. Has this happened to anyone and does anyone have a solution. Please help!!

6 replies
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 7

I'm not sure because I use the icecream scoop all the time and don't have a problem but I do pick the pan up and drop it to get all the air bubbles out so that probably makes the batter even too. You don't have to pick it up very far just a little bit. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 7

it's not the ice cream scoop - unless you are shifting the papers when you scoop and they are not sitting straight in the pan. If you accidentally bump the paper an it shifts you have to fix it or it will bake "crooked" the cake will be level but the liner won't be.

HTH

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 7

Have you put a level on top of your oven to see if it is level? It sounds like that may be your problem or maybe your pans are bent.

CakeMommy82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy82 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 7

Definitely check your oven.
I was having the same problem with my cakes and realized that even the smallest lean can affect it.

Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:58am
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone. I just baked some cupcakes at home and did not have the problem. It happens whenever I bake at the commercial kitchen that I rent space in. I'm bringing my level next time I go in. I'm glad to hear it isn't the ice cream scoop, because that is such a great tool for cupcakes.

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 7

If you are using a Convection Oven, its becoming lopsided because of the blowing fan.

You may need to rotate your cupcakes during the baking process, or try lowering the temperature.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%