Poured Ganache On Groom's Cake

Decorating By yayadesigns Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 7:57pm by sadiepix

yayadesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yayadesigns Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 3

I have six different cake orders for Saturday the 28th, so I am trying to write down my plan of how/when I am going to accomplish everything. I have a wedding cake & groom's cake to deliver on Saturday morning around 9am. It is going to be your basic chocolate cake, iced with BC and then I am going to pour chocolate ganache on top and decorate with dipped strawberries. From looking at earlier posts, I think I will do the berries that morning. For the ganache, can I pour it on the cake Friday night and then refrigerate, or would it be best to do the ganache part on Saturday morning too?

Thanks for all of your help. This site is the best, I don't know what I would without all of you guys!

Jen

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 3

You can certainly refrigerate the ganache, but it will no longer be a shiney as it is when first poured. If you cover most of it with berries, it won't really matter.

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 3

I do my ganache ahead like that as well.
If it is firm enough and enough is showing that you want shiny again, warm some corn syrup til very thin and brush ever so lightly over the ganache. You will get the shine back and the flavor is really not changed at all.

Yum, btw.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%