Help!! What Should I Tell This Poor Woman?

Business By yummymummy Updated 6 Aug 2013 , 2:26am by bubs1stbirthday

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:26pm
post #61 of 73

I'm new to all of this so my opinion doesn't count for much but I think your end result was much nicer than the original one would have been. I think $180 is a beyond fair price for all the work and stress you have went through!

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:33pm
post #62 of 73

The end result was gorgeous. I can't wait to hear how the delivery went. The bride and bride's family should be very pleased I think.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:38pm
post #63 of 73

Wow, the final cupcake bouquets turned out beautiful. icon_biggrin.gif
I love the decorative holders you found for them. In the picture it looks like an expensive "crackle glass". Those are gorgeous and can be used later. She should be really pleased when she sees these. I think they are more elegant than what she had originally wanted. The flowers around the edges are beautiful.

She should not think twice about paying you the full amount.
You did a great job. They look wonderful.

Let us know how things go. Congratulations on your cupcake bouquets.

-Debbie B.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 6:01pm
post #64 of 73

mgdqueen wrote:

Now that I've read this entire thread, the subject line cracks me up...what should I tell this POOR woman! GEEZ. I can't imagine spending $250K for a wedding.

That's too funny! I didn't even know about the amount they were spending until after I wrote this post! icon_lol.gif

Okay, so I delivered them and when I arrived ( at 10:01 AM...we agreed I would deliver them at 10 ) she said, and I quote" I was beginning to get worried. You have a message on your answering machine from me very frantic." So I'm thinking...ok whatever. Well, I took one out of the box and set it in the stand and she said " Well, it's not what I wanted, but it's nice". icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif ...Now I'm realizing that this woman is a piece of work. First of all, her apartment is filthy! Second, there's cat hair everywhere! ( I'm a cat lover...so no stone throwing please. icon_wink.gif ) Why do I even care what this woman thinks?

Oh this is the best part....when I walked in she had a plastic flower pot in a terra cotta (sp?) color w/ a styrofoam ball sticking out of it ready to go down to the grocery store and buy cupcakes to make her own if I didn't show! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif I can't even tell you how hard it was to keep it together! Those cupcakes would have been way too heavy for that plastic pot! icon_lol.gif She honestly thought that I would stiff her! icon_mad.gif

I just got home and the message on the machine was as follows: (imagine this in a loud banchee type voice)

"Pam, it's XXX. I'm getting very concerned. Last night we were very clear that you would deliver the cupcakes by 10 this morning and I was very understanding and your not here yet. I'm getting very angry. I'm going to be late for my own daughter's bridal shower. Please call me if you haven't left yet. " icon_confused.gif The shower started at 11.

What a nut! She better not contact me again for another order....EVER! I'll be very booked! icon_wink.gif

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 6:31pm
post #65 of 73

It looks like you've done beautifully. She should be very happy.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #66 of 73

WOW!! So I am guessing in the end you didn't offer her any money back right?? I think you are right about watching out for this one! I think it was great!

DebBTX Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 8:40pm
post #67 of 73

Do you think that she and her husband really spent that kind of money? I just would think that people with that kind of income would not want to ruin the mood with a plastic pot. I'm surprised that she didn't have a mansion and a maid.

Did the reception area look spectacular? If so, what did they do that cost so much?

I'm glad your business dealings with her are over now.
-Debbie B.

DebBTX Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 8:48pm
post #68 of 73

Well, it just occurred to me that you probably never went to the venue to see the reception set up.

Was she going to have a cake in addition to the cupcakes?

I guess I am still trying to figure out how in the world they spent so much.

-Debbie B.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 9:41pm
post #69 of 73

No, you'll all be proud of me. I didn't refund one red cent!! I got out of there asap! I'm not doing the wedding cake. Woo HOO!!! party.gif

I'm thinking after seeing her home, that she was either exagerating about the $, or her and her husband are divorced and he's the one w/ the deep pockets. Considering the way she was, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a divorce.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 11:42pm
post #70 of 73

Good job!!! Very proud! thumbs_up.gif

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 12:27am
post #71 of 73

lets hope the parents have money left to help her out with the divorce too!....sorry feeling nasty today icon_sad.gif

Gees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gees Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 1:01am
post #72 of 73

El problema fue que la bola de unicel solo debía asomar el 50% de su volumen por fuera de la maceta, asi se apoyan los cupcakes con masking tape y algunos palillos para brocheta sujetandolos...

Please go to google translate :-)

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 2:26am
post #73 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks 

I sure hope they have put forth as much effort planning their marriage as they have in planning their wedding. That kind of $$ just baffles me.

Sadly many people that spend money like that on their wedding are only thinking of that day and not the 'happily ever after'.

I must say I much prefer the second cupcake picture too, much classier looking :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%