Icing Flavor For Italiam Cream Cake?

Decorating By steffla Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 3:14am by steffla

steffla Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone! Just saw the recipe for italian cream from a mix posted by ruby2uesday. It is a box of yellow cake mix with a container of pecan frosting added in to the batter. I could only find coconut pecan frosting but this still sounds great! I was wondering what to frost the cake with... any ideas??? Gonna bake today so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Steph

10 replies
Shelly4481 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 11

I used cream cheese icing for a Italian cream. Yum!!!

steffla Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 11

Well I made the cake and used the cream cheese icing and it was fabulous!!! Got rave reviews! My only problem is that I dont usually use refrigerated fillings because I do mostly fondant covered cakes. Does anyone have any ideas of what icing alternatives I could use for this cake. The flavor is fantastic and I want to be able to offer it to my customers. Thanks in advance!

Steph

steffla Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:59am
post #4 of 11

anyone?

Ruby2uesday Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:07am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

Hi everyone! Just saw the recipe for italian cream from a mix posted by ruby2uesday. It is a box of yellow cake mix with a container of pecan frosting added in to the batter. I could only find coconut pecan frosting but this still sounds great! I was wondering what to frost the cake with... any ideas??? Gonna bake today so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Steph

it is coconut pecan frosting. i messed up when i wrote the recipe. don't know how to fix it. OMG i LOVE this cake!!! lol
i'll be making it for the first time for a customer and will be using the cream cheese frosting on this site. But i don't know about under fondant because i don't use it. when i eat it i usually dont' use icing! LOL it's perfect w/out it to me.... oh now i'm craving it! LOL can't wait to level my cakes this weekend! hehehehehehe

steffla Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 11

Trust me it was delicious!! You really posted a winner with this one! I think it was fabulous with the cream cheese icing , just looking for a possible alternative to give a customer in the case ofr fondant. Thanks again for sharing!

Ruby2uesday Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:45am
post #7 of 11

np!!! i had someone give me a from scratch italian cream cake recipe and the recipe they gave me was all wrong! i realized though by tasting the creation that it was very similar to the one a friend made at my work a while back! so i told her i was going to use it instead... much more reliable! LOL not sure to an alternative frosting though. hope you find one! icon_smile.gif

sweet_T7 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:56am
post #8 of 11

This cake is YUM!! Thanx for sharing icon_lol.gif I only had a french vanilla mix and it was fabulous... the cram cheese icing really does add something to it, though it was really good plain ,,,hehe

vdrsolo Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:59am
post #9 of 11

For a nonperishable cream cheese icing, mix the sleeved cream cheese filling in with buttercream, does not have to be refrigerated.

sweet_T7 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:00am
post #10 of 11

icon_redface.gif okay CREAM cheese icing (Cram???) I'm typing in the dark here

steffla Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #11 of 11

vdrsolo thank you soooooooooo much I cant wait to try this!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%