Icing Flavor For Italiam Cream Cake?

Decorating By steffla Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 3:14am by steffla

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone! Just saw the recipe for italian cream from a mix posted by ruby2uesday. It is a box of yellow cake mix with a container of pecan frosting added in to the batter. I could only find coconut pecan frosting but this still sounds great! I was wondering what to frost the cake with... any ideas??? Gonna bake today so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Steph

10 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 11

I used cream cheese icing for a Italian cream. Yum!!!

steffla Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 11

Well I made the cake and used the cream cheese icing and it was fabulous!!! Got rave reviews! My only problem is that I dont usually use refrigerated fillings because I do mostly fondant covered cakes. Does anyone have any ideas of what icing alternatives I could use for this cake. The flavor is fantastic and I want to be able to offer it to my customers. Thanks in advance!

Steph

steffla Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:59am
post #4 of 11

anyone?

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:07am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

Hi everyone! Just saw the recipe for italian cream from a mix posted by ruby2uesday. It is a box of yellow cake mix with a container of pecan frosting added in to the batter. I could only find coconut pecan frosting but this still sounds great! I was wondering what to frost the cake with... any ideas??? Gonna bake today so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Steph

it is coconut pecan frosting. i messed up when i wrote the recipe. don't know how to fix it. OMG i LOVE this cake!!! lol
i'll be making it for the first time for a customer and will be using the cream cheese frosting on this site. But i don't know about under fondant because i don't use it. when i eat it i usually dont' use icing! LOL it's perfect w/out it to me.... oh now i'm craving it! LOL can't wait to level my cakes this weekend! hehehehehehe

steffla Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 11

Trust me it was delicious!! You really posted a winner with this one! I think it was fabulous with the cream cheese icing , just looking for a possible alternative to give a customer in the case ofr fondant. Thanks again for sharing!

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:45am
post #7 of 11

np!!! i had someone give me a from scratch italian cream cake recipe and the recipe they gave me was all wrong! i realized though by tasting the creation that it was very similar to the one a friend made at my work a while back! so i told her i was going to use it instead... much more reliable! LOL not sure to an alternative frosting though. hope you find one! icon_smile.gif

sweet_T7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_T7 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:56am
post #8 of 11

This cake is YUM!! Thanx for sharing icon_lol.gif I only had a french vanilla mix and it was fabulous... the cram cheese icing really does add something to it, though it was really good plain ,,,hehe

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:59am
post #9 of 11

For a nonperishable cream cheese icing, mix the sleeved cream cheese filling in with buttercream, does not have to be refrigerated.

sweet_T7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_T7 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:00am
post #10 of 11

icon_redface.gif okay CREAM cheese icing (Cram???) I'm typing in the dark here

steffla Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #11 of 11

vdrsolo thank you soooooooooo much I cant wait to try this!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%