Need Help Quick Please!!!

Decorating By kayleighlovesjacob Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 2:55pm by mindywith3boys

kayleighlovesjacob Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 4

ok so I'm a newbie and I'm making a "present" cake not those really cute ones with the lid but a gift-wrapped looking one and they want it to be BC with fondant accents for a birthday party on sat, so my question is should I go ahead and ice the cake today and cover it with the accents, will it stay good if I leave it out and under a cake cover or should i put it in the fridge covered in saran wrap and then decorate with fondant tomorrow or do I need to ice and decorate tom? I would do it all on sat but I have to work until 2 and when I told she was like ok well bring it at 2:30 but if need be, I think i could get more time... sorry so long.... any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies
LeanneW Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 4

Hmm, thats a lot of questions, I'll see if I can answer some.

If time permits I would bake and frost and refrigerate the cake and make the fondant pieces and leave them wrapped air tight so they don't dry out and then place them on the cake just before you leave.

are you making a fondant bow? if you do make that asap with a mix of fondant and GP so it will harden and don't wrap that air tight, allow it to dry and keep it in a dark dry place, like in a cake box.

mindywith3boys Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 4

If it has fondant on it you don't want t cover it. It will sweat and the fondant will absorb the moisture and they will melt. You can put it in the fridge, but for one day, unless in has something perishable in it, like whipping cream, it will be fine left out on the counter.

mindywith3boys Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 4

Let me clarify,sense it sounds like I'm contradicting the above poster... You shouldn't cover an ICED cake with FONDANT on it. You can cover fondant by itself. The fondant will absorb the moisture from the cake, as it "breaths" under the cover.

Quote by @%username% on %date%