Honeycomb Imprint

Decorating By sspicer Updated 17 Oct 2011 , 4:19am by sillywabbitz

sspicer Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 8

I've seen honeycomb fondant rollers in the past and am desperate enough to try that on buttercream, if only I can find the roller!

Any hints, suggestions, ideas?

Thanks!
Sharon

7 replies
lutie Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 8

Makins texture sheets come in honeycomb and can be used with fondant, although they are designed for clay... $3.99 for the sheets

http://www.clayfactory.net/makins/txshts.htm

Hope that helps!

cdavis Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 8

Hobby Lobby sells Lorann candy supplies. They have a honeycomb breakup hard candy mold. I think it would be flexible enough for you to imprint your cake with. Maybe your store has one and you can get it locally, heck, maybe even use the coupon online. Good luck and let us know what you do.

sspicer Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks, y'all!!! I teach at Hobby Lobby and am on my way, right now! They also have Makins' mold so will check there before I hit their website.....you two ROCK!! Thanks a bazillion!
Sharon

tiggy2 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 8

I used the Makins texture sheet on the bow for my topsy turvy and it worked great. I got several designs in a package and can't wait to try the rest out.

labarradulce Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 3:30am
post #6 of 8

I bought friday the texture sheet C and E sets from polyclayplay(dot)com, and I`m just waiting for it to come in the mail icon_biggrin.gif

wish me luck that my package arrives safely to my country (Guatemala)

labarradulce Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 3:31am
post #7 of 8

I bought friday the texture sheet C and E sets, and I`m just waiting for it to come in the mail icon_biggrin.gif

wish me luck that my package arrives safely to my country (Guatemala)

sillywabbitz Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 4:19am
post #8 of 8

Sspicer,
I was in the same boat not too long ago and I couldn't find a honeycomb texture sheet locally. I was at my local cake store and they use the small bubble wrap and poor chocolate into it. Once it sets, it comes Madeline a honeycomb. I didn't really want to use chocolate and couldn't find an impression. So I switched to making it out of sugar. Actually butterscotch. I found the hexagon candy mold and the back looks just like honeycomb. I sprayed the mold with Pam and melted the butterscotch in the microwave. I then poured it over different sections of the back of the mold. Worked great. The cake is the 25th anniversary cake in my photos and there are more pics and details on my site ...www.keeponcaking.com

I hope you find your mat or are able to use one of the other techniques.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%