I Had A Bad Dream Last Night...

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 5:06pm by tiptop57

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 15

LOL... I dreamt that we were in a banquet hall waiting for a wedding. We were stranded because of flood waters, so everyone decided to go ahead and eat cake.

There were two cakes...one "store-bought" cake and mine. They were both carrot cakes with cream cheese frosting. Everyone kept saying how much they LOVED the store bought cake and that mine tasted dry.

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I seriously need cake therapy!

14 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 15

Okay kiddo, you definitely need to get out of the kitchen for a while. You have been sniffing too much Powdered Sugar!

You might want to visit our CC-AA group: "Repeat after me......"I, Justfrosting, am a Powdered Sugar Addict!"

It's the first step in recovery.

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 15

Except that my higher power in Betty Crocker...

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 15

I had a bad dream last night too!

I've been working on my friendâs wedding cake this week, last night I stayed up late filling, icing, making flowersâ¦Gosh Iâm so tired;
I went to bed so late and then I was dreaming I delivered the cake and the cake had a HUGE hole I couldnât cover!
The cake kept falling apart and I couldn't fix it! it was like an icing avalanche...

Maybe Iâm just panicking because I have to take the cake all the way to NYCâ¦driving in the city terrifies me and with a wedding cake on the back of my carâ¦oh no!!!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 15

Did you wake up in a cake sweat? LOL

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 15

i had a dream the other night that i was going to visit one of my good friends that i haven't seen in a long time and she told me to meet her at a bakery for lunch and when i got their she told me that the bakery was her shop. And in the dream i just wanted to hurt her cause she knew how bad i want to have my own shop and she that has no idea how to make a cake got her own shop. when i got up i was so mad saying to me self how could she do that to me.... and then i got over it....

amr70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amr70 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 15

here's a funny one. . .

when my alarm clock went off this morning, I was afraid to turn it off because in my marginal consciousness, I thought it was made of fondant.

before bedtime last night, I was working on my daughter's fondant-covered birthday cake. It took me 4 tries to get it on the cake smooth with no tears.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:21pm
post #8 of 15

LOL fondant alarm clocks LOL

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:29pm
post #9 of 15

I have 4 sheet cakes and a 3 tiered paisley to do. I have been working on the sheet cakes and last night one (the last one) stuck to the bottom so I have to make it again tonight. Last night I dreamt I was at the party (which is on Sun) and everyone wanted to know where the cakes were. Apparently in my dream I never finished them and they were still at home. Not the best way to wake up.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 15

I often dream of whatever cakes I'm working on or if there is a really huge one coming up!

I also talk in my sleep and sleep walk. When I first got out of college (my degree is in horticulture) and was doing my internship as a grower's assistant at a nursery, several times my mom found me standing in the bathroom at the sink moving as if I was filling pots with soil and talking about how I had to get it done!!!!

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADDI

i had a dream the other night that i was going to visit one of my good friends that i haven't seen in a long time and she told me to meet her at a bakery for lunch and when i got their she told me that the bakery was her shop. And in the dream i just wanted to hurt her cause she knew how bad i want to have my own shop and she that has no idea how to make a cake got her own shop. when i got up i was so mad saying to me self how could she do that to me.... and then i got over it....

OMG...you friend is such a dream-bit#$% for doing that to you...no wonder you were mad! LOL

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:45pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADDI

It's funny how our dreams can seem so real. DH still tells a story about me having a bad dream about him and being snotty with him the entire next day!

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:12pm
post #13 of 15

LOL!! That's too funny!! A fondant alarm clock! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:24pm
post #14 of 15

I thought that it was just me! I make cakes all night long in my dreams! I wake up exhausted every morning. I keep expecting to see powdered sugar on my face when I look into the mirror after I get up each morning. icon_lol.gif I already am a member of the CC-AA group. Drugs of choice...powdered sugar and chocolate!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:06pm
post #15 of 15

Oh WOW - ya'll need serious therapy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%