3-Tiered Stacked Cakes

Decorating By Lisa521 Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 6:31pm by sugarshack

Lisa521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa521 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 7

Hello,
How would you go about in transporting a 3-tired stacked cake besides using dowel rods? would you just set it by itself on a flat surfaxe while driving? I need suggestions !

Thanks, Lisa icon_confused.gif

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 7

so you know how to construct the cake, you just want to know what to do WITH the cake in the car?? Definitely set it on a flat surface (I put my cakes in big cardboard boxes, I feel better knowing there won't be any hairs or bugs flying around in the car sticking to my buttercream yuck) and then I use the non skid shelf liner under the box, I also will take and position the box so that it's cornered in the car and even brace the other sides with other objects, rolled up towels, pieces of cardboard folded over, anything to keep that puppy from tipping over. HTH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 7

Well, start by constructing your cake using SPS, then set it on non-skid mat and go. If you want to put it in a box, then put a piece of non-skid in the box and set your cake on that. Then put non-skid down in the area of your vehicle where the box wiill sit and set down your box.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 7

I would look into the SPS system if you have time before the order. Leah here on CC has a lot of info on it and I have it saved in my computer. If you need it contact Leah or pm me and I will email it to you.
Right now I am using dowel rods with a center dowel rod going all the way through, until I sit down and order the SPS system next week.

If you transport make sure the cake is on a flat surface and a non skid surface. If you don't have a non-skid mat for your car you can use the shelf liner stuff and put it under you cake.

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 7

I second SPS.

Also, since I live in an area with some questionable roads. I lay down 2 layers of eggshell mattress foam with the higher end really "sticky" shelf liner, the cakes don't budge and the foam gives it some shock protection.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 7

i use bubble tea straws and a center dowel.

i place the cake on 1/2 inch green upholstery foam from JoAnns' in the flat back of the car. make sure car is cool, and drive carfeully.

will do fine!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:31pm
post #7 of 7

i use bubble tea straws and a center dowel.

i place the cake on 1/2 inch green upholstery foam from JoAnns' in the flat back of the car. make sure car is cool, and drive carfeully.

will do fine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%