Any Other "the Big Idea" Fans Out There?

Business By littlecake Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 5:46pm by littlecake

littlecake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:58am
post #1 of 8

LOVIN DONNY...it was really good tonight.

7 replies
mkolmar Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:48am
post #2 of 8

I missed it tonight icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
My DH and I watch this show when we can. It really has a lot of useful information.
I'm a Donny fan. (didn't his wife just have a baby?)

littlecake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:07am
post #3 of 8

Can you imagine how smart that kid will be???

I wish I had someone as smart as him to learn from when I was young.

Speaking of smart kids...Donald Trump Jr was one of the panelists tonight....he is remarkable.

A friend told me a while back there was someone on the show who built a cookie empire....AND I MISSED THAT ONE.

I think there might be some way to access the old shows from the internet...

littlecake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 8

Here's his latest blog....the website has a lot of business and enterpenur tips....by a lot of really smart people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each person defines success differently. Some measure their success by the size of their bank account. Others by the independence and freedom success brings. How do you define your own personal success?

Within each of us there is the ability to redefine our success and have any life we envision.
Donny Deutsch
But you first have to own it â you have to say âWHY NOT ME?â Once youâve taken ownership and made that declaration youâll be on the road to living your dream.

I recently had Food Network Star Alton Brown on The Big Idea. You know what I loved about this guy â he wasnât even in the food business but he said, âWhy shouldnât I have my own cooking show?â Alton decided he was going to define his own success. He was in his mid-thirties when he gave up his old life and went to culinary school. When he graduated he began creating pilots and pitching them to the Food Network. Today, Alton is the star of two hit cooking shows!

It takes courage to redefine your dream and once youâve taken that first step to invest in change you have to also be prepared for failure.

Thereâs a great quote from Robert F. Kennedy, âOnly those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.â Of course you might try and fail but even failure defines your success. Each of us can remember moments in our life when weâve experienced rejection or failure and said to ourselves, âHow am I going to pull through this?â But we did. We overcame it and now that moment defines part of our success.

So whatever your dream is, NOW is the time to pursue it!! You can redefine your personal success and weâre going to give you the tools you need to do it tomorrow night on THE BIG IDEA.

What are your success goals and how are you defining success for yourself? Write to me at [email protected]

jessieb578 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 8

I LOVE DONNY!! I get so inspired watching his show....I would love it if he would tour with the show and have an audience!

Cakebelle Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 8

All of us in the family watch his show and love it!

mcdonald Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 8

okay so what channel is this on and when?? I love shows that help inspire... it's never too late you know!!! I'm 48 and I feel like I can still do anything..... who cares that I'm not 21 anymore. If I hear one more person tell me that I am going to puke!!!!!

I am 48, raise 2 kids (1 is 19 but still raising!!) with my husband, cakes on the side, recently opened a small shop in town that I open part time, and I work full time, sell Avon on the side (not real active). I feel I can do more!!! Let me at em!!

littlecake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:46pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

okay so what channel is this on and when?? I love shows that help inspire... it's never too late you know!!! I'm 48 and I feel like I can still do anything..... who cares that I'm not 21 anymore. If I hear one more person tell me that I am going to puke!!!!!

I am 48, raise 2 kids (1 is 19 but still raising!!) with my husband, cakes on the side, recently opened a small shop in town that I open part time, and I work full time, sell Avon on the side (not real active). I feel I can do more!!! Let me at em!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

it's on every night at 9 or 10 depending on your time zone...on cnbc...

theres lotsa stuff on the website too!

paula deen says..."the older "fruit" may be a little more banged up....but it's A LOT sweeter!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%