Need Answers Asap!!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm by mindywith3boys

BakerzJoy Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:49am
post #1 of 11

I am stumpted! I have a Wedding cake I am doing for Saturday . Tomorrow I was planning on putting It together fully so it's ready for Saturday.
One problem, I am using this buttercream made with egg whites and obviously...butter. I was planning on frosting the cake inside and out and then covering it in the Satin Ice Fondant. Will this be okay to sit out all night Friday until Saturday night without spoiling or the frosting getting warm or loose? If not, than can I put it in the fridge once it's covered in fondant and have it still be fine on Saturday?
HELP!!
I was trying to avioid putting the cake together on Saturday because in case something goes wrong, I won't have much time to correct it. I only have til 3 before I have to leave. This will be a big cake.
Can anyone give me advice from experience??

10 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:53am
post #2 of 11

If your house is warm, keep the cake chilled with the frosting and put on the fondant Friday night or early Saturday morning.

You might want to have your work area cooler in general to preven separation.

HTH

Michele

Sugarflowers Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:56am
post #3 of 11

If your house is warm, keep the cake chilled with the frosting and put on the fondant Friday night or early Saturday morning.

You might want to have your work area cooler in general to preven separation.

HTH

Michele

auntginn Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:16am
post #4 of 11

IMHO, I personally would not let any food item with egg whites stand out all night. I would be afraid of someone getting sick.

You can put it in the the fridge, first put your cake together, put it in the proper size box and wrap with plastic wrap. Then it will keep. Pull it out of the fridge with enough time to open up the box and let the cake sit. Just in case of condensation.

HTH

diane Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:57am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntginn

IMHO, I personally would not let any food item with egg whites stand out all night. I would be afraid of someone getting sick.

You can put it in the the fridge, first put your cake together, put it in the proper size box and wrap with plastic wrap. Then it will keep. Pull it out of the fridge with enough time to open up the box and let the cake sit. Just in case of condensation.

HTH

A BIG DITTO!!! thumbs_up.gif

julzs71 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:11am
post #6 of 11

I let my IMBC sit out overnight all the time. I'm not dead yet! I never get sick from it. I think you should be o.k.

diane Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:38am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

I let my IMBC sit out overnight all the time. I'm not dead yet! I never get sick from it. I think you should be o.k.

is this a cake you eat, or one that you sell to customers??? icon_confused.gif

FromScratch Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:09am
post #8 of 11

I have read in plenty of places that IMBC/SMBC can sit out for a couple of days. I would do what Michele suggested though.. ice the cakes friday night and keep them unstacked and in the fridge and cover them saturday morning. So long as there isn't a ton of detail work.

If you have a room where you can close the door and crank the AC you could put it together Friday and leave it in that room overnight. I did that with my sister's shower cake.. too much detail to wait. icon_smile.gif

DoniB Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:11am
post #9 of 11

If it's a SMBC, you're heating the egg whites, right? Between that and the sugar, you should have a stabilized icing, from everything I've read. You should be fine. icon_smile.gif

BakerzJoy Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:16pm
post #10 of 11

Okay, a little help please...what is IMBC/SMBC??
I know the BC is buttercream.
I acually cooked the egg whites when the hot sugar water was poured into the mixing bowl while I was beating it. I was thinking it would be fine too, but it did get runny when I left a small bowl of it on the counter.

mindywith3boys Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm
post #11 of 11

I believe it's IMBC= Italian Meringue Butter Cream and SMBC = Swiss Meringue Butter Cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%