Waiting To Bake Extra Batter

Decorating By hula1974 Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 2:30pm by staceyboots

hula1974 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:21am
post #1 of 7

I'm making a few cakes with doctored box mixes. The pan size calls for an odd number of cups of batter. I'll have to double or triple the recipe. I'll end up with leftover batter. That's ok though because I need to make a few cakes.
Is it ok to let the extra sit while I cook the first? I'm going to have to juggle pans and oven space.

6 replies
cdavis Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:30am
post #2 of 7

I do this quite often because I only have a limited number of pans. You shouldn't have a problem unless your kitchen is really warm.

CakesByLJ Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:32am
post #3 of 7

Sure, I do it...... I just let the batter sit on the counter while I am waiting.. I prefer not to do it this way, but that's better than wasting the batter... icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:53am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Sure, I do it...... I just let the batter sit on the counter while I am waiting..

Me, too.

dragonflydreams Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:07am
post #5 of 7

. . . my experience with this is the cakes that are baked with the batter that "waited" actually turn out better than the ones that went immediately into the oven . . .

step0nmi Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:13am
post #6 of 7

i've put my extra batter in a sealed container over night in the fridge...when I bake those the next day...they seem better than what I put in the oven at first! truly!

staceyboots Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 7

i am glad to hear that i can leave extra batter on the kitchen counter while the others bake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%