Any Need Help In Toronto

Business By fancyface Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 2:25pm by fancyface

fancyface Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 5

Hi guys! i posted the other day in the lounge area, but didn't get much response:

hey all i was just wondering if anybody in the toronto canada area needs help with their storefronts......I am recenetly (TODAY!) unemployed , i love the baking & cake decorating industry i just dont have the experince in a production aspect, I am a hard worker, willing to learn, i can answer your phones, do cash, a point
but let me tell you why i am unemployed....
I worked at my last job ( which i left on friday) for 5 1/2 yrs, I needed a change so i found this other place (which i started on saturday) the lady who hired me lied to me what the job was about ( supposed to be working the cafe.... ) now ... let me go this morning saying she thought i was an icer.. production level...never said that to her.. so now i am S.O.L. ... i just want to work ....( icon_cry.gif ) sorry for being so long.... please pm if you can help or any ideas...
michelle icon_cry.gif

4 replies
fancyface Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:31am
post #2 of 5

anyone?? icon_confused.gif

fancyface Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:22am
post #3 of 5

does anyone atlest have some ideas of places to try??? and yes Iam constantly on all the job ad sites, but any ideas for other torontonians would be great!

toshaw Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:30am
post #4 of 5

Get out your phone book, look under bakeries, bakers, caterers, etc. and "cold call".. Sell yourself... that's what it will probably take. Call caterers that you know who do cake... or a sugar shop that sells the cake supplies and ask them if they know of someone needing a cake decorator. A grocery store will likely need "production" or what I have heard it called - quick and dirty work. They want quantity not quality. I wish you much much luck!

fancyface Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 5

thanks toshaw, i have been trying that too... not much luck there... for any one in the toronto area.. even mississauga, brampton ot vaughn.. I worked in one of toronto's bigest cake decorating suppy places for over 5 yrs... I have lots of knowldge that I want to share!!!! , not interested in having my own place, but would love to help with yours... Any Takers???

Quote by @%username% on %date%