Ideas Needed For 10 Yr Old Girl B-Day

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 5:31pm by cshelz

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all!
Have a cake for Saturday for a 10 yr old girl. Her mom requested red roses. (it's JUST a cake) I need ideas, I don't want to make it too old or boring. I will be using bc and could possibly do fondant roses depending on design.

Thanks for your help!

6 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:38am
post #2 of 7

Hmm, yeah red roses seems a bit oldy worldy for a ten yr old, defo have to funk the cake up a bit! I found this pic, the design of polka dots and roses goes well and looks more young and modern, perhaps not black/white though maybe a red white or red polka + choc covering? icon_confused.gif

http://www.bakeryonstate.com/html/all-occasion_cakes.html

HTH's icon_smile.gif

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 7

I love those cakes that are one big rose, you know the ones I mean. I don't know that I have a picture of one right off, I'll have to go searching, I'm sure a thousand people here know what I am talking about. Just use a HUGE rose petal tip and make the cake into a gigantic rose. I've never had an oportunity to try it out. You'd have to have a good tasting buttercream, but making it red....well, that may be too much. Do you have an airbrush, you could just airbrush it red if you did.

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 7

I'm having a tougher time finding what I was thinking of than I thought....I found the basic idea in fondant though, but this is a tiered cake.

http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/2007/05/lisa_takes_the_caketo_a_new_le.html

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 7

one of my fav. red rose cakes (fondant though)
LL

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 7

Look at the pinkcakebox.com, too. They have really cute designs that you could do in your colors.

Red roses seems a little...old...for a kid, doesn't it?

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 7

My daughter just turned 10 and wanted a jungle theme Little Pet Shop cake. I am new to decorating but she loved it. It is not red roses but an idea. My daughter is pretty mature for her age too and loved it. See the cake in my pics.

Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%