Magic Line Or Fat Daddio??? Which Is Best & Why?

Decorating By mommy2djb Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 10:55am by mommy2djb

mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 8

I'm about to invest quite a bit in pans that I need for my FIRST wedding cakes! Yay! icon_biggrin.gif

I've been looking at all the pans, and I don't know which brand is best. I'm buying a set of the square first, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

7 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 8

I havent tried fat daddio, but I do have magic line and they are wonderful! You wont be disappointed with magic line.

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 8

I have some of both and have been very happy w/ both. I would say shop your best deal between the two and go w/ that one.
Melissa

patrincia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrincia Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 8

Same here. I read that you have to lower the oven temp 25F for the Fat Daddio's, but they are dishwasher safe (unlike magic line).

blackice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blackice Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 8

I asked the same question a few months ago and after many suggestions I bought the square magic line and have been completely satisfied with them.

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:58pm
post #6 of 8

I wrote a comparison of the 2 pans a few weeks ago, and posted photos of my results baking with them. Unfortunately, my post was deleted.

However -- you can read the what's left of the thread, and see the photos.

I found truer, sharper corners with Magic Line, however, some CC members reported ways they used Fat Daddio's pans. Some suggestions included: lowering the baking temperature, using parchment paper, and using mixes rather than scratch baking. Hope this helps... icon_smile.gif

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=588334&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrincia

Same here. I read that you have to lower the oven temp 25F for the 's, but they are dishwasher safe (unlike magic line).

Really? are you not supposed to put magic line in the dishwasher? I think I have and they have been fine.

mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:55am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for all the responses!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%