Deeply Hurt By Fellow Decorator, Having A Hard Time

Business By handymama Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 12:28am by springlakecake

DesignerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignerCakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:28am
post #31 of 39

I, too, contacted the same person you are referring to. I wanted to buy a few things. It took her forever to get back to me. I called the same day the ad appeared in the magazine.

When I first spoke to her she told me she had all the things I was looking for and she said she'd call me back in a few days with pricing. When she finally got back to me almost two weeks later, she said she didn't have any of the things I was mostly interested in. I realized she had already sold them even though I had been the first to inquire about them - by her own admission. She mentioned to me that she was planning on running another ad. I have no idea why.

The things she did have, turned out to be more expensive than buying them new! I declined because I didn't want to spend twice as much on used things when I could get them for half that much brand new. In the end, I am glad I didn't purchase anything. It was no bargain, believe me. You are better off. Things happen for a reason.

I bought all my plateaus from ebay and love them. If you need the name of the seller, just PM me. She gave me a professional discount, too.

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:33am
post #32 of 39

Yes, we're talking about the same person, and yes, her prices were quite high. I passed on the hex and petal pans because I could get them new at Michaels with a 50% coupon for the same price. The things I did get from her arrived today and I have to say they're just not that great. Glad I didn't get more than I did, but still believe the plateaus were likely very nice--although I do have to wonder now.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:46pm
post #33 of 39

I'm sorry that you had to go through all that.
I'm also glad you got over it, it's not worth all that energy and stress. Congratulations on your new kitchen, I hope you have all the luck in the world!
thumbs_up.gif

handymama Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:13pm
post #34 of 39

An update: Today I received a nice, new 20" silver platter from the seller. She also sent along a note saying that it was on her dime, that she felt bad about what had happened and that she wished me well with my business. It doesn't replace the plateaus, but it was a nice gesture and I appreciate it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:39pm
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by handymama

An update: Today I received a nice, new 20" silver platter from the seller. She also sent along a note saying that it was on her dime, that she felt bad about what had happened and that she wished me well with my business. It doesn't replace the plateaus, but it was a nice gesture and I appreciate it.

Wow tell her I was disappointed too & give her my address.

Something in pewter would be fine. icon_lol.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now come on that's a class act there huh. She really turned that around.

handymama Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:59pm
post #36 of 39

Brat! icon_razz.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:11am
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by handymama

Wow tell her I was disappointed too & give her my address.

Something in pewter would be fine. icon_lol.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now come on that's a class act there huh. She really turned that around.

K8, you crack me up!! icon_lol.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:12am
post #38 of 39

wow that was so nice! people aren't always as thoughtless as you think. icon_wink.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:28am
post #39 of 39

That's too bad, but at least she didnt rip you off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%