Wedding Cake Sadness

Decorating By dydemus Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 1:09pm by cakedesigner59

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:20pm
post #31 of 35

I'm confused too what is keeping the stacked tier from sliding? Is this not about sliding... only crushing? Clearly 4 big ol pillars stuck into the cake would be very stable. But if I am delivering the cake stacked... I want some reassurance about sliding. If you have these plastic plates, you can't do a center dowel right?

Is this what Duff uses? I notice he has a cake plate like thing and uses his band saw to make the legs out of thick dowels and sticks the 4 legs into the cake. I always wonder how he delivers them stacked and seemingly stress free. But I still can't get how the layers don't slide...

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:29pm
post #32 of 35

I am so sorry this happened! But you know what strikes me the most about these types of stories on cakecentral...its how much everyone on here cares about what they do, and how much they want to help make a persons day, be it their wedding, birthday or whatever. All the bakers here take it upon themselves to not just produce a quality cake but also put a lot of time in considering how the couple/person will feel seeing it. A lot of industries just dont care, but its so nice to see that there are people out there who still take pride in their work and strive to help make someones day.

marilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marilyn Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:42pm
post #33 of 35

alicegop, I just delivered a 4 tier (last one in photo's) last weekend. I used the sps for the first time. I was a little nervous about sliding also, but there is a little spike that sticks up on the plate and I smeared a little royal icing on the plate like I do for the bottom tier. Nothing moved or shifted, it was about 20 miles. Thanks leahs for the advice. Marilyn

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 1:09pm
post #34 of 35

I lookied on the oasis site for the sps system as I have another wedding cake coming up, and I'm confused. I saw the cake plates and the pillars, but do the pillars come automatically when you order the pillars because theres no way to order the pillars alone as I see. Also, do you order the plates the exact size of the cake tiers or slightly larger?

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 1:09pm
post #35 of 35

When I used it, I would put double stick tape under the cake board for extra insurance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%