*update* Where Is The Instructional For Half/half Cake?

Decorating By LadyPol Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 7:08pm by LadyPol

LadyPol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyPol Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 4

THANKS for your replies, everyone! I looked in my saved documents and I had saved it as a PDF ...... it was from DIANE'S CAKERY!!!!! (not indydebi) Thanks, Diane - it's a TERRIFIC visual!

When I first started visiting CC frequently (about 2 months ago) there was a sticky with a half/half picture tutorial ..... or at least a post on it ...... I thought I had bookmarked it but apparently I did not. Am I losing my mind? It was here, wasn't? I need visuals and this one was PERFECT!

If anyone can direct me there, I would appreciate it GREATLY!!!

Thanks and Blessings!

Sandra

3 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 4

do you mean half chocolate and half vanilla cake?

I read those threads, the two ways that jump to mind are pouring the choc and vanilla in at the same time so that they meet in the middle or placing a piece of aluminum foil down the center of the pan and pouring each batter in seperately then pull out the foil.

Couldn't find the link.

HTH

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 4

I don't have the link, but remember indydebi explaining her method. Tilt the pan with some support under the pan to raise and pour the vanilla batter to the end (downward). After done and when you ready with the chocolate batter, take off the raised support to make it level and pour your chocolate batter on the other side. Batter is thick so it will not flow so easily.

HTH,

LadyPol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyPol Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you ~ I wondered if it was indydebi that had posted it ......... it was a great picture tutorial! I do remember she rolled a towel up under one side ..... I guess I will just do my best!

Thanks for your replies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%