imartsy Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 11

Students Banned From Graduation After Tainted Cake Prank

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368841,00.html

10 replies
AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 11

Actually, it's kind of funny. Gives me an idea for a cake for my ex-husband, heehee. icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 11

I think kids just don't realize that they could actually do someone harm that way...look at all the movies where people have been given laxatives and it looks like a big joke...American Pie, Dumb and Dumber, just to name a couple. Movies make it look like it will just be inconvenient to someone, not like it could make them sick.

I know when I was 14 I was angry with someone at school and I went to a pet store that I knew of that sold gourmet dog cookies that looked just like real cookies, and I bought an assortment and gave them to the guy. I didn't tell him what they were until he had eaten the whole bag. As an adult, I realize that pet food is not manufactured to the same standards as people food and he could have gotten sick from it, but as a kid it was funnier than anything.

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 11

icon_redface.gif i hate to admit it, but i did that to my next door neighbor Jeff when i was 20.

We lived on the beach, near a little inlet...I was always a little afraid of the ocean to begin with (jaws and all) and one day my sister and I borrowed Jeff's rowboat for some excercise(with his permission). Well we must have gotten a half a mile out and he swims out and jokingly starts rocking it. Well hard enough that the boat capsizes, throwing us out into the ocean! We swam back to shore but about hip deep I look down, and i see a dang army of hermit crabs....scared the living cr*p out of me! They walk on those long legs..so they came up to your knees...( So image coackroaches the size of puppies!!) Needless to say, I was upset.

Well, Jeff had dinner with us every night (we kind of adopted him)...so I made a chocolate cream pie, with just a few exlax "chocolate" shavings. He thought it was delicious and ate several pieces. Needless to say, he was up all night...I felt a little bad...but as his favorite saying goes...paybacks a bit!!

Wouldn't do that today, but it felt good back in the day icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 11

You know my first though is haha funny, punish them and move on. But then I thought again, my little brother is a type I diabetic, and even if he gets any cake at all its just a small bite, but what would have happened had he been basically poisioned? His blood sugar would have been all wrong, he could have ended up in a hospital.

lisad1 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 11

Aliwis000, I agree with you. I'm not proud of it...and I would never tamper with someones food today!!

But you don't make the same informed choices as a kid, as you do as an adult. When i say i added a few shavings, it really only was a few. I never would have done anything to harm someone, my friend could eat anything....it really was just a matter of discomfort.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisad1

Aliwis000, I agree with you. I'm not proud of it...and I would never tamper with someones food today!!

But you don't make the same informed choices as a kid, as you do as an adult. When i say i added a few shavings, it really only was a few. I never would have done anything to harm someone, my friend could eat anything....it really was just a matter of discomfort.

Forgive me! I did not mean your story, but the one that was in the original post, at least you probably would have known if the person would have had a medical condition. I just mean unleashing this kind of thing in a place that many different people, including those who just happen to be there, will be effected, thats all. And I agree we do really stupid things when we are young...I am still making them lol

lisad1 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 11

No need to apologize Aliwis000, no offense was taken...guess I was feeling quilty!! icon_wink.gif

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:00pm
post #9 of 11

Kids placed laxatives in a teachers coffee when I was in high school and the teacher became very very ill. I don't think kids really get that laxatives are drugs and that some people can't take them.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:07pm
post #10 of 11

This is why taking home baked goods into schools is becoming more difficult.

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:23pm
post #11 of 11

I didn't realize that people could get really really sick from them- I've always hear of people putting chocolate laxatives in cakes, pies and cookies on TV but the shows always just show the eater having a sudden urge and running off to the bathroom- no long-term damage or anything- mostly just a really inconvienient evening.

I'm sure these kids didn't mean anything vicious or evil by it- just kids pulling a silly prank.

It doesn't sound like the kids around here- there was an article in the local news paper about a public school with an "ongoing investigation" because a teacher took a drink out of her water bottle and her lips swelled up -then someone said it might have been battery acid put in there by some of her students! Now, that's evil!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%