Need My Fellow Ccer's Opinions

Decorating By ashcake Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 9:55pm by ashcake

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 9

I am trying to find a new way to post my pictures. I have started doing some collages. I am just playing around. But I wanted to see what you all had to say about them. Do you have any advice help? I am doing this for CC for now, but want to get me a porfolio started. I would love to hear (good or bad) what you all have to say. Too many pictures? Need to stick to one color background for all cakes? Change background to suit the cake? Anything.

Thanks,
Ashley
LL
LL
LL
LL

8 replies
JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 9

I think your collages look very nice, but I wonder if they are always necessary. In most cases, I think one good shot is plenty. Maybe just one shot of the simple cakes, and a collage of the more detailed ones?

ashcake Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks Julie you do have a good point. I think the collages are only necessary when they are more detailed. Like the flip flop would be fine without one. Like I said I'm just playing around with some different ideas. Thanks!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 9

I noticed this on the crooked cake page you posted..the colors are off in each of those pictures. If you don't know much about photo editing or manipulation on the computer, then I would include only those shots that closely matches the real colors. I think it could confuse your clients if the colors look different, but it's the same exact cake.

HTH!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 9

I make collages for some of my cakes too. If you're using paint shop pro I can give you some technical advice on making the cakes look the same color in all the photos, if you want.

I always do different colors for the backgrounds too. I usually will pick a color from the cake photos and use that for a background color.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 9

These look great in terms of layout! I would say that it depends on the cake. Each one needs to be displayed differently and has different aspects you want to show. I would suggest just letting the cake tell you what needs to be shown and where.

JMO

~Alicia

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 9

there awesome...yeah, maybe you only need them for cakes that are detailed front and back, but i loved looking at them. icon_wink.gif

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:54pm
post #8 of 9

i think they are fun to do for one or two cakes. i have made some myself and like the way they look.

on another note, i just noticed your cc name - ashcake. i thought about naming my cake business AshCakes because that was the nickname my mom called me growing up. it's very cute!

ashley

ashcake Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:55pm
post #9 of 9

I think that you all are right the more I think about it. Maybe I could just put 1 picture with a back ground on it and maybe a small discription. Instead of have several pictures of pretty much the same thing. What do you all think? I need to learn to take better pictures of my cakes. (Hinting at my husband for a better camera now that were expecting again and for my cakes). I just want something to spice up my pictures some. Does that make sense?

Thanks for all the imput. Thats why I love CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%