Wilton Chocolate Covered Oreo Molds

Baking By reesesob Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 12:36am by reesesob

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 9

I don't know if anyone knows, but I just came across Wilton cookie candy molds (for chocolate covered oreos).

I got 3 different themes... sports (basketball, baseball, football and soccer all on 1 mold), Hearts (2 different styles) and flowers (rose buds and dasies). Each mold make 8 oreos at a time and they were $1.99 each set.

I can't wait to make some oreo bouquets!!

8 replies
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 9

I'm glad to see they are putting more to a mold, plus the added designs will give someone just starting more to choose from. I make plain ones and add drizzled chocolate and sprinkles or a themed icing decoration. I found because I have to make so many at a time I don't always have the time to paint colored chocolate into the molds, but I love the look.

reesesob Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 9

OK, so I just made 1 of each set...

I have to say that although I really like the designs, I am disappointed in the molds. icon_sad.gif

They are not deep enough to neatly cover the oreos like other molds I have used and as I was un-molding the first set the mold cracked!
BUMMER!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 9

The actual plastic mold cracked? Well, that's Wilton for ya! Stick with Spinning Leaf molds! icon_smile.gif

reesesob Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 12:34am
post #5 of 9

2 of the molds cracked! I am taking them back tomorrow and I will be sending Wilton an Email.

The only thing I liked about these is that I could make 8 at a time and the sports theme was very cute.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 9

I saw those, too, and the first thing that crossed my mind was that they weren't very deep. Good for maybe regular Oreos, but definitely no for the DoubleStuff. I'm very, very happy with the quality of the Spinngleaf molds, and plan to stick with those.

reesesob Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 9

according to the directions on them, you are not supposed to cover the bottoms of the oreos and in my opinion the look unfinished.

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:17pm
post #8 of 9

where did you find them?

reesesob Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:36am
post #9 of 9

I got mine at a local party supply store...

"Brenner's Discount Super Party Store"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%