Hey!!!!...look!!!..gumpaste Flower Tutorial!!!

Decorating By tonedna Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 2:44pm by tonedna

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:37pm
post #121 of 224

Edna, I watched your video yesterday. It was done very nicely. How about doing a rose and a gerbera daisy...........hahahahaha Thanks again!!!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:39pm
post #122 of 224

Actually..the rose is in my plans...icon_wink.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:42pm
post #123 of 224

Poor Edna !Look what you got your self into !! See how we are all starved to learn all of this ! I want to be you when I grow up !!!

tonedna Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:44pm
post #124 of 224

I know..We all are starved..this is an addiction..we want more and more...even me!
Edna icon_lol.gif

Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:56pm
post #125 of 224

I can't say thank you enough....when I can actually see it being created, it makes me feel like even I can attempt to do it! Great job.....and I could listen to your accent all day! icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:58pm
post #126 of 224

lol..I love the way I repeat myself so many times...I need more words.. icon_redface.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 6:31pm
post #127 of 224

What a great tutorial!!! Thanks

Lu

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:00pm
post #128 of 224

Thank you Edna for sharing your knowledge I now know how to make them better thanks to you. icon_biggrin.gif

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:22pm
post #129 of 224

Awesome job and tutorial. Loved every minute of it and found it extremely helpful. Thank you ever so much for sharing. Can't wait to try it. Keep up the totally exceptional work you create!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:32pm
post #130 of 224

thanks so much Edna, love, love the video, keep them coming, I learned so much from you.

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #131 of 224

Edna thank you so much for the videos. I can't wait for more. By the way your accent is lovely and you look stunning!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:01pm
post #132 of 224

Just watched all 4 videos.....amazing job!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel like I can actually make one of these now. I wish I'd known this when my eldest daughter married...this is her favorite flower! You are fabulous!

tonedna Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:33pm
post #133 of 224

I had to decide on the amount of time I put on the videos.. I was worried that it might get boring..And Utube time for the videos is only 10 minutes. I didnt wanted to lack on info so I decided to cut it in 4 pieces.. I hope they dont get too boring... icon_redface.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:46pm
post #134 of 224

I loved the tutorial! Thanks for not rushing through the steps. I actually felt relaxed watching you and inspired to give it a try. By the way...what accent?? thumbs_up.gif

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:09pm
post #135 of 224

Thanks Edna, I was using my own template, and I was thinking about using a heart cutter!!!!! This is sooo, much better, easier and faster you are the bomb!!! Thanks Edna

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 9:01pm
post #136 of 224

I am new to CC and am so glad I found it. I have been wanting to try gum paste but didn't think it would work. Your tutorial has given me the confidence to give it a try. I am so excited.

If I want red calla lillies, how do I color them?

Thanks so much.

Vonda

tonedna Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 9:06pm
post #137 of 224

I love chefmaster super red...Or Americolor..If you
cant find those wilton red is fine..Just keep adding until you reach desired color!.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 9:16pm
post #138 of 224

Edna,

I just watched all 4 of the tutorial videos. Thanks for making them. You explained everything to perfection! Well done!

MayWest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MayWest Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:41pm
post #139 of 224

Thank you! Great Tutorial icon_biggrin.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:24pm
post #140 of 224

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Edna. I had a cake on Saturday, and then I ended up with an awful ear infection that kept me in bed for the last 2 days. Ick!

I loved the calla lillies! I cant wait to try them, but I was wondering if you would take requests for other flowers? I would love a detailed tutorial on tulips. I have a hard time finding a good one, the couple that I have seen are poorly made, and they dont do near the explaining or go into the detail that you did when you made the calla.

Other than that keep them coming! You arent just good at cakes, you are an awesome teacher too!

tonedna Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:31pm
post #141 of 224

I'll try to do more tutorials..Let me get to the basics first.. icon_biggrin.gif
Glad you loved it and yes I will listen and see what I can do!..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Cakester_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakester_ Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:58am
post #142 of 224

You are absolutely gorgeous, as are your cakes. This is my first time seeing your work. You are a very talented woman, and so generous to share your knowledge with us. Thank you for the wonderful videos, and you don't seem one bit nervous. I LOVE the accent! icon_biggrin.gif

Meloda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meloda Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:52am
post #143 of 224

Edna,
Thank you, thank you a thousand times. I loved the videos. They are excellent. I have the calla lily cutters but I never thought to use the heart cutters. I like that method much better, especially the cone paper cup thumbs_up.gif . I am going to be in Orlando for the ICES convention, my first, can't wait. I would love to meet up with you if possible. Anyways, thanks so much for your generosity in sharing. Not only are your cakes and flowers gorgeous but so are you inside and out thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Take care and hope to see you in Orlando

Melanie

tonedna Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:20am
post #144 of 224

Thanks Melanie..If you see me there please say Hi..
I would love to meet the people from CC..
Edna D

texasbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasbelle Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:59pm
post #145 of 224

I LOVED your videos and website. I was so inspired after looking at it all! Hopefully you will continue doing more tutorials.

tonedna Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:11pm
post #146 of 224

Thanks Texasbelle!!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:22am
post #147 of 224

Bump, bump, bump... For those that might have missed it icon_biggrin.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:41am
post #148 of 224

Question... I tried using the paper cones, but my gumpaste stuck something awful to them. Do you use a lot of cornstarch on your gumpaste before wrapping it around the cone? I seriously had to use a knife and pry them off which ruined the flower. icon_sad.gif

tonedna Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:48am
post #149 of 224

I dont use a lot of cornstarch but you can dust it if you need too. I dont press my flowers on my cones either so I am wondering if you did.. Some cones have wax that help. I use only gumpaste. Nicholas Lodge usually..and it never sticks..
So ..try the cornstarch or if it happens again wax paper on top of the cone.. One way to make sure is not sticking is to move it a little on the cone when you are done with it or after 15 minutes to make sure is not glued.. And I dont use a lot of glue..
Hope this helps..
Edna

flbeachbummom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flbeachbummom Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:09am
post #150 of 224

OMG! Your tutorial rocks!!! I'm glad to see someone talented sharing the wealth. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%