Hey!!!!...look!!!..gumpaste Flower Tutorial!!!

Decorating By tonedna Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 2:44pm by tonedna

JMarieSweets Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:50am
post #91 of 224

video is no longer available =(

I did a cake for a friend and she wanted these, I didnt know how to do them so she didnt get them. Maybe next time.

*never mind* link isnt working, so I searched youtube. Thank you for this!

Molly2 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 12:24pm
post #92 of 224

Thank You!

Molly2

sdtyrrell Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 12:32pm
post #93 of 224

thank you so much for the videos, I watched all 4 this morning and I am now ready to try making the lilies
and I would love to see one of you assembling the flowers on your cake, keep the videos coming. Thanks again for sharing.

BREN28 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:07pm
post #94 of 224

thank you so much,edna. for someone like me,who is new to this and doesn't know alot about cake decorating,this is such a great help to me. to be able to actually watch somebody do it,makes it so much easier!!
THANKS AGAIN! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:01pm
post #95 of 224

lol peesky girl thanks...
The heart cutter is a fast way to do them for those who want to do them without having to buy the Calla lilly cutters..
For those who want to do it with the cutters there are set of cutters out there for making them..or you can do a paper template in paper...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:03pm
post #96 of 224

here is how those Calla Lillies cutter look like...

http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=calla+lilly+cutter

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:12pm
post #97 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarieSweets

video is no longer available =(

I did a cake for a friend and she wanted these, I didnt know how to do them so she didnt get them. Maybe next time.

*never mind* link isnt working, so I searched youtube. Thank you for this!


...

Is not the video on the top..Look a little bit down..It says I have 7 videos..

lnb19 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:31pm
post #98 of 224

This is a great video! Just what I needed because I am more of a visual learner! Thanks Edna! Can't wait to see more videos! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Ironbaker Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:53pm
post #99 of 224

Edna, you're a gem for this. And you are just lovely.

Will you be at ICES next month? Hope to see you there!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:40pm
post #100 of 224

My goodness, glad I found out about this. Thanks for the PM, Edna. If it was any later I would have had to read through 10 pages instead of just seven! lol icon_lol.gif

Great job! I loved them! Very logical and informative! I love, love, love the idea of using the disposable water cup!! When I learned how to make them from Antoinette Hartman we made the center and then the petal and then just wrapped the petal around the pistol (which had been coated in yellow cornmeal). While it works well, I like your way better. I think it gives a more natural shape.

Thanks so much for sharing, Edna!

fiddlesticks Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:44pm
post #101 of 224

tonedna.. OK So keep posting those out of stock items !!!LOL!!! You know Im kidding ! If your going to talk about reg calla cutters you need to to a video on using those to !

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:36pm
post #102 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Edna, you're a gem for this. And you are just lovely.

Will you be at ICES next month? Hope to see you there!



Yes I will be at ICES..I cant miss it!!..Is in town!...
Edna icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:38pm
post #103 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

My goodness, glad I found out about this. Thanks for the PM, Edna. If it was any later I would have had to read through 10 pages instead of just seven! lol icon_lol.gif

Great job! I loved them! Very logical and informative! I love, love, love the idea of using the disposable water cup!! When I learned how to make them from Antoinette Hartman we made the center and then the petal and then just wrapped the petal around the pistol (which had been coated in yellow cornmeal). While it works well, I like your way better. I think it gives a more natural shape.

Thanks so much for sharing, Edna!




Lol ..I Know about the cornmeal..I just couldn't remember the name in english icon_redface.gif...Oh well ... icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:39pm
post #104 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

tonedna.. OK So keep posting those out of stock items !!!LOL!!! You know Im kidding ! If your going to talk about reg calla cutters you need to to a video on using those to !




icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ...you can use those too almost in the same manner! icon_rolleyes.gif

cakequeen50 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:40pm
post #105 of 224

Just awesome on the video....you're gonna be famous!

Thanks so much, I took Nick Lodge's class but your tutorial was great, much cheaper than Nick's class icon_biggrin.gif

cakequeen50 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:49pm
post #106 of 224

how do you save tutorials???
I went to bookmark it and it doesn't work. I am youtube challenged

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:49pm
post #107 of 224

lol cakequeen..I hope he doesnt get mad.. icon_redface.gif

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:52pm
post #108 of 224

You have to be a member like in here and then you can subscribe to the videos...
icon_biggrin.gif

Nyma Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:34am
post #109 of 224

I just saw the videos and thery are so easy to undestand and for those of us that were already frustrated with the whole flower making skills I think this is a great motivation to get back to our gumpaste and try ONE MORE TIME!! Thanks Edna!

joy5678 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 6:26am
post #110 of 224

I just loved your tutorial! thumbs_up.gif You look so relaxed & calm & also explain everything so well. Using the heart is such a great, easy idea. You do us proud and you are as beautiful as your cakes. Thanks for all your help. icon_biggrin.gif

Yomomma Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:52pm
post #111 of 224

Awesome! You're a natural born teacher!

CakeDiane Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 12:12pm
post #112 of 224

Is there any chance you might consider another tutorial on how to make those beautiful clusters of grapes that accompany your calas? Please??? icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm
post #113 of 224

lol Dian..I did think about it...I'll plan on it..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

CakeDiane Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:28pm
post #114 of 224

Cool!! I look forward to it!!!! Thank you!!

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:29pm
post #115 of 224

Me to !! I look forward to any and all !

julzs71 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:56pm
post #116 of 224

I watched your fantastic video also. You did an awesome job from start to finish.
O.K. being a little selfish here. I want MORE! You did an awesome job teaching.
I love learning flowers.
Thank you so much Edna.

tonedna Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 4:59pm
post #117 of 224

lol....thanks girls..I'll plan on more..so keep tuned!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

LJ5011 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #118 of 224

Excellent job on the tutorial! I was very helpful and shows just how simple it is to make a calla lily. Thank you so much!

LJ5011 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #119 of 224

Excellent job on the tutorial! I was very helpful and shows just how simple it is to make a calla lily. Thank you so much!

Tomoore Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:13pm
post #120 of 224

Can't wait to check it out when I get home! Looks good. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%