3-D Cake Serving Size Question...again :)

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm by wendysue

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a pair of running shoes this weekend, the total servings need to be 30( 15 servings per shoe).
I am starting with a 1/2 sheet cake per shoe, cut, stacked and carved.
By my serving chart a 1/2 sheet serves 45-50, so 2 1/2 sheets should serve 100, so even with alot of carving I should still easliy end up with 30 servings?
I can't possibly carve more then 60 servings of cake off can I ?
Does that make sense?
3-D serving size are such a pain, any help is greatly apprecitated

3 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 4

I know what you mean...it's such a pain to try to figure out dimensional cake servings! icon_mad.gif In all the years of doing these 3-D cakes, I've never really had anyone complain about not having enough of cake. If they did-it was because they refused to cut it! icon_lol.gif

If I am imagining these shoes correctly, I think you will be fine to figure 15 servings per shoe.

Will be anxious to see the shoes when you are done! thumbs_up.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 4

I charge $4.00 a serving for 3D cakes in Buttercream.I would charge more for fondant covered!!

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 4

I think you'll be fine! It doesn't really take that much cake to serve 30. I almost always make my cakes too big, so I understand your anxiety! lol It's something I struggle with on nearly every shaped cake I make.

Can't wait to see the cake when you're done! I'd love to make running shoes. Sounds like a lot of fun!

~Wendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%