Abbey Paige Instructions

Decorating By randel Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 1:09pm by Molly2

randel Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 5

I have decided to repost this due to the computer crash we had a few months ago. Quite a few people have asked me for this. Good luck!! If anyone does have a go at this please PM me as I would love to see how yours turned out.

The Crib

Make an oval out of cardboard both the height and size of the crib. Make two of these. Roll flowerpaste out slightly longer and wrap around one. Now wrap the second cardboard oval around both of these so the flowerpaste is sandwiched between. Leave overnight to dry.

Roll out flowerpaste to the height of crib, make this fairly thick as this helps to give the material look. Emboss the paste. Ruffle the paste. Attach to the oval. Continue this until the oval is covered. Allow to dry.

The sheet & blanket of the crib

Roll out an oval cut in half, frill the edges. To give the appearance of a baby in the crib, dry the blanket over a small ball shape. Shape the head and put in the bed.

The canopy

This is the hardest part. Make a template out of cardboard both the height and shape required. Cover in plastic. Draw all the strings down when dry add the ruffle and ribbon.

I hope this helps. If you have any trouble or you find this confusing let me know and I'll try to help.

Randel

4 replies
Molly2 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 5

Do you have a picture

Molly2

foxymomma521 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks!!!

Molly2 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all so much I love this cake