Michael's Coupons In My Email

Decorating By darandon Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 10:04pm by MacsMom

darandon  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 18

An FYI for everyone. thumbs_up.gif I just received an email from Michael's and it contained a 40% off coupon. If you haven't signed up on line yet, you should. This is the second time I've received % off coupons. icon_biggrin.gif

17 replies
 emrldsky  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 18

Hmmm, they haven't sent me an add since June 7... I'll keep my eyes open, thanks!

Karabear1125  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 18

Here's the direct link for the printable coupon. Enjoy!

http://www.michaels.com/coupons/061608/coupon.jpg

emrldsky  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabear1125

Thank you!!! icon_biggrin.gif I hope our store will take it.

JulieB  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 18
Quote:

Thank you very much!

Amia  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 18

I've been receiving them too. Now if only Michael's would accept their own coupons. icon_confused.gif

iamlis  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:27pm
post #7 of 18

I am lost, Michaels doesn't accept their own coupons?? That stinks! Is it like a date issue?

diane  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:36pm
post #8 of 18

oooh...i go there all the time. thanks for the heads up! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:42pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:

Thanks so much, Karabear!!!!!!!!

lovetofrost  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:57pm
post #10 of 18

thanks for the link. i haven't gotten any from them either and I am on their list. But thanks for the heads up.

Amia Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:08pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlis

I am lost, Michaels doesn't accept their own coupons?? That stinks! Is it like a date issue?

No, it's just that they change their policy 5 times a day. And it says on the Michael's website that they don't accept online coupons, so some stores won't take them, and they're their own coupons! It's a bit ridiculous.

iamlis  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:52pm
post #12 of 18

Oh, that seems silly! Why offer a coupon then? WEIRD!

Amia Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 11:10pm
post #13 of 18

I KNOW! icon_lol.gif

MessiET  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 9:53pm
post #14 of 18

Thanks for posting the link. I have not received an online coupon from them in a while...

tracey1970  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #15 of 18

I am in Ontario, Canada, and I used to receive the Michael's flyer in my weekly paper (with the 40% coupons). I don't live in a city with a Michael's, but I live about a half an hour from one. For over a year, the flyers were coming in like clockwork. Then, about 5 weeks ago, I stopped receiving them all together. I haven't seen a Michael's flyer in all that time (so no trips there!), and I assumed that perhaps they no longer considered my town within their "catchment area" for advertising anymore - ?? Are they only doing coupons on-line these days?

2xMiMi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 3:01pm
post #16 of 18

I have never had a problem with Michael's taking their own coupons. I know they will not accept competitors online coupons. icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 5:04pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

No, it's just that they change their policy 5 times a day.

Try working there!

Our manager is very by the corporate law and since last November it's been policy we accept no competitor coupons.

Yesterday morning he points to a new sign on the window... we now take local competitors coupons (Ben Franklin and Joanne's) including internet coupons.

BUT it can only be one coupon per day per customer. We can't ring two transactions for the same person. They can't get in line again when done with the first one to use a second one. They can't walk out of the store put their first bagged transaction in the car and reenter the store to use it.
If we catch it we are supposed to report it.

And as of today yes the exception log is gone. When I asked why it was explained that it the exception became the rule.

The example I was given: "There's a few large craft forums out there where posters were telling people about either using it and how to get it and ask for that log, or employees were telling people how to get around not having their coupon on the internet." - I know I've seen it mentioned on CC any time a thread like this came up.

The other reason was that customers would get to use the exception form the first time and then every single time they came in would just ask for the form (or give the same excuse) to get their discount.

Starting today if you don't have the coupon you don't get the discount. Our management staff is prepared to back the cashier up when the customer goes ballistic (and we have a few that will) and from what I understand we don't have the ability to even issue one manually from the touch screen registers either.

I'm glad I'm teaching today and not on the registers... it's not going to be pretty.

MacsMom  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 10:04pm
post #18 of 18

Thanks!

During the holiday season Michael's and JoAnn's are in the paper every week. Off-season it's every other week.

I had no idea about the online coupon, hope my store accepts it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%