Where To Get Wires For Flowers?

Decorating By wildflower Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 1:27am by tonedna

wildflower Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 6

hii there i was interested in making gumpaste flowers and i was wondering where i could get the wires and floral tape and stuff required to make them?i might need them for an upcoming order where she wants a cascade coming down and i wasnt sure how i would place them on the cake if its iced in buttecream...would toothpicks work?
thanks in advance

5 replies
auntginn Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:38am
post #2 of 6

You can find these items at any craft store such as Michaels. These are floral supplies, so if all else fails, even a florist carries them. They might be a bit pricey there.

Yes I would use nice long toothpicks to insert them into the cake.

Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:51am
post #3 of 6

Even walmart has the basic wire and floral tape. Hobby Lobby has a good selection of wire...they have green fabric-covered wire.

peg818 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:58am
post #4 of 6

I buy my floral wire through globalsugarart.com yes its expensive, but the quality is worth it.

Now i must say when i first started i would never have paid their price for wire, until i used it in class one day and realized yes there really is a difference and the difference in price is really worth it.

wildflower Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:24am
post #5 of 6

thnx all so much!
im jus reallly happy to hear that sticking a toothpick with the fondant fllowers into the buttercream will work so that if all else fails,ill always have that[i hope!]icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:27am
post #6 of 6

This are the best wires for working with gumpaste..At least for me..

http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=wire

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%