Cookie Freshness Question???

Baking By CakeMommyTX Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 12:01pm by cakegal

CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:10am
post #1 of 4

Can I decorate NFSC w/ RI tonight( wed) for a sat. delivery?
I have 8 cakes and a order for 2 dz cookies all for Sat, I'd like to do the cookies tonight so I can start the cakes tomorrow but will they stay fresh if kept covered until Sat?

3 replies
Honeydukes Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 4:28am
post #2 of 4

Yup. It usually takes me three days to do cookies. I'll do 'em on Thursday for Saturday, but prefer the extra day.

MichelleM77 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 4

I usually bake on Thursday, decorate on Friday for an afternoon Saturday delivery, but if it's humid and they want them early on Saturday, and if they need to be bagged, then I've started decorating as early as Thursday, especially if it's a large order and it's very humid. I want to make sure they are definitely dry before I bag em Friday night. I'm sure they will be fine.

cakegal Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 12:01pm
post #4 of 4

I just tested a batch of cookies that I'm going to be making..
I baked them last Monday...decorated them and bagged them, and put them in an air tight container Tues. night, giving plenty of time to dry.. I used Toba's glace, with RI piping...
On Sat. afternoon I opened.. they tasted "GREAT" I will be doing this for the wedding cookies I have to I have the wedding cake to do as well later in the week...soooo, you should have no problem in your time frame.
Happy baking. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%