Turtle Cake Filling?

Baking By blue123 Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 3:12am by lutie

blue123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blue123 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have this recipe? I have searched to no avail...Thanks!

4 replies
misha35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misha35 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 5

mmm sounds yummy. I don't have it but would like it!

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 5

What if you used a chocolate ganache, topped with a jar of caramel ice cream topping, and then sprinkled with chopped pecans?

Spread your ganache on first, warm the caramel just a tiny bit so its pourable. Pour the caramel on top and spread it around with an offset spatula, until its about 1/2 inch from the edge. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.

HTH

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:40am
post #4 of 5

I may be able to help! I did a wedding cake with a turtle filling! Since the cake I made was chocolate I used just caramel and pecans for the filling -was perfect according to bride and her guests! It was so simple too! I bought Smuckers Caramel icecream topping, it even was in a squeeze bottle. I squeezed it on then topped with chopped pecans -very simple but much loved! Let me see if I can get a pic of the inside to post...

Hmmm... wont upload. HTH

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:12am
post #5 of 5

I have found if I take a can of sweetened condensed milk, boil it (a slow boil) in the can (making sure the can is covered at all times with the water) for 4 hours and refrigerate it overnight, I have the best caramel in the world! I can control it better than the stuff you buy in a bottle... the caramel is stiffer and does not get soaked into the cake (making a real gooey mess).
You can boil it in a crock pot for the four hours and the water does not evaporate as fast... or you can use the stove top... you just have to keep checking the pot to make sure the can is covered while it simmers.

DO NOT OPEN THE CAN WHILE IT IS HOT... IT WILL EXPLODE ALL OVER YOU. MAKE SURE IT HAS BECOME COMPLETELY COLD BEFORE OPENING IT!

I then mix in the pecans, mini chocolate chips, Ghirardelli chocolate candies, coconut, bananas, etc. into my caramel to make the filling I am needing at the moment. It stays in between the layers and does not bleed out into the frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%