New Trans Fat Sweetex

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 4:48pm by dailey

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 6

I read all about the new shortening Sweetex Z on the companies web site. I am really curious where I could get some of this to try? I really prefer to use a trans fat free. Trans fats are good to use for cake cake decoraters but it is so unhealthy for us. So I am really interested in this.

5 replies
becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 6

wow....that is cool.....i am going to have to go and look at there site!!! thanks for the information!!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 6

How much icing are you eating that it's that unhealthy for you? It's dessert, not a meal.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 6

I would just be concerned about what it would do to the icing. As MichelleM77 said, how much of it does one person really eat? Many people have had issues with the transfat free Crisco. I'll take a little trans fat if it means it doesn't slide off my cake.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 6

I didn't mean for that to sound so snippy. I know we all have to watch our weight and health, but if we want to be really healthy then we can't eat cake at all, so it doesn't matter what's in or not in it. icon_smile.gif

I'm sure the trans fat-free Sweetex will work just as well as the trans fat-free Crisco. Ha!

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 6

if trans fats were ONLY in shortening then it wouldn't be a huge problem. however, trans fats are in so many different foods that we eat that the small amounts that we consume begins to add up...fast.

also, don't forget that trans fats are not like other fats that are okay to eat in moderation. there is NO safe amount, period.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%