Dumb Question About Icing And Sprinkles

Baking By Aliwis000 Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 9:55pm by sunnigirl

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, this may sound dumb but forgive me lol. I want to do simple sugar cookies b/c I had so much fun the first time I did them. However I was wondering about sprinkles. I use Wilton's royal icing and was wondeing if I add sprinkles/sugar/whatever will it bleed? For example with red spinkles bleed into the white icing and create a halo effect or something around it. Is there anything I can do, b/c I assume you put the spinkles in right after flooding the cookie so they stick. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

~Alicia

2 replies
kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 3

i stopped using the sprinkles because of that and now use the jimmys(the long ones)

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 3

I recently did some ice cream cone cookies(w/royal) and we used a lot of different sprinkles on those. I let the cookie sit about a min. or two before adding the spinkles. They were still tacky enough to hold the sprinkles but not so wet that it made the sprinkles run. I did NOT put them in the freezer - I was afraid they would sweat and then run. They worked out fine.
But if you are planning on using a lot of sprinkles then you might just want to try one to see what happens. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%