Ck Crystal Colors..

Decorating By FromScratch Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 1:01pm by FromScratch

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know anything about these? I am in love with powdered food colors.. What makes the crystal colors different from other powdered colors? They are definitely more expensive, but if they are awesome I am totally buying some. Thanks for any thoughts!! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
FromScratch Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #2 of 8

Have I stumped the board? icon_lol.gif

They sounds great.. can color anything and double as petal dusts.. no one has used them though??

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:17am
post #3 of 8

I use them, I just buy mine directly from sugarpaste.com they have a wonder line of colors that can be doubled as petal dust, they are fda approved and made in the USA they are no more expensive then petal dusts, cause the package is bigger, oh and there is no fillers. They also, make a pearl dust in a white (they call it silver) and gold that is edible.

That said, take a look at some of my pictures all my gp flowers have beths colors on them and there is just no match. My suggestion is if you want to try it, purchase a container or two and give it a whirl.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:32am
post #4 of 8

CK owns Crystal Colors? I thought that was a business all it's own. Anyone know the answer to this?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 11:58am
post #5 of 8

I bought crystal colours for petal dust because they are the only kosher brand I can find. They are very good.

FromScratch Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 8

Well they sell them.. I never heard of them before seeing them on Country Kitchen Sweetart.. I shouldn't have abbreviated the CK.. I didn't even think of CK the company. icon_redface.gif

I am glad to hear that they are a good product. I have just recently started using powdered colors to color fondant since I was sick of the fading reds even with americolor super red.

Do they blend better than the regualr powdered colors?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks, Jeanne, I didn't know that. I also got mine from sugarpaste.com

Beth Parvu, who owns Sugarpaste, is a wonderful vendor who is always willing to answer questions regarding her products.

And they're charging the same price, so I will stick with her, instead of buying from a major corporation (nothing personal, I like the people at CK; I just like to see small businesses make money, too).

Theresa icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 8

I will gladly order directly from her too.. icon_smile.gif Thanks so much for answering my questions.. I can't wait to try them. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%