No Left Overs!

Decorating By DeniseFL Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 6:51pm by DeniseFL

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 11

Hey there..
I was wondering how you guys manage so you do not have any left over batter????..
For example, I had to make two 8in. cakes. the box says that there's enough batter for two, but there is not! So I had to make 2 cake box mixes and had left over enough for a 6in!!!!!
How do you guys do????(Hope I have expressed myself right icon_confused.gif )

10 replies
LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 11

sorry can't answer your question.

you could make cupcakes with the leftovers. it's is always better to have too much then not enough.

I have also heard some people keep extra batter in the fridge and add it to the next batch for thier next cake.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 11

I can't help, I don't know what to do, except eat the extras!
I can tell you that the WASC recipe makes 2 - 8" rounds. (about 6 cups of batter)

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 11

I go ahead and bake the batter. I will make a small cake for the house, or cupcakes. I also started making cake balls! So easy and a HUGE hit! I take them to work if we don't eat them at the house.

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 11

How do you make cakeballs? I've seen them on cake sites but what exactly are they?
Dawn

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 11

I use the cake mix extender recipe here on CC and calculate how much batter I will need that way I make just enough.

The extender brings 1 mix up to 1.5 mixes.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 11

I dont really consider it as left over as I make a smaller cake and freeze it if not needed at the time.
I believe if you do a search for cake balls in the recipe section you'll find the instructions

HTH

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:09pm
post #8 of 11

There are a lot of different recipes to make cakeballs. Like I said I'm just starting to make them. I haven't played around with flavors. I take my cake and put it in my mixer, but you can use a fork and break the cake up. If its moist enough it will start sticking together like a dough. If not, you can add a little thin icing, melted peanut butter, vanilla. And mix it together. It doesn't take much. Then form balls. I use a cookie scoop. I make them big enough for a bit or two. put them on a cookie sheet and into the freezer. Melt chocolate. Dip them in the chocolate and let them set. There you have cakeballs.

Here is a link to a post I started. It has some good hints and ideas.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-590679-.html

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 11

I would add in another box and bake a sheet cake. Then freeze for a someone that calls at the last minute and needs a cake. This is what they get. They don't last long, I get alot of last minute calls.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:17pm
post #10 of 11

I just make cupcakes with left over batter and freeze them. Even if it only makes 3 or 4, I do it. I keep a plastic cake carrier in my freezer and add cupcakes into it as I do them. You wouldn't believe how many people order cupcakes and want "whatever flavor you want to do." They are always surprized when they get a doz that have a couple of this and a few of that. Then it may introduce people to a flavor that they may not have ever planned to try.

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:51pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you so much guys..
that's why I love this site, always get a response when I need it icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%