Need Ideas

Decorating By ebear Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 2:10pm by awolf24

ebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebear Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone..I hope I'm posting this in the right section.
I have decided to make a graduation cake for my daughters Kindergarten class. What I've done is make 19 hand prints out of mmf (about 2" big..each hand) and am going to put each child names on them including the teachers. My original thought was to make the hands 'leaves' falling off a tree but have since realized that this will mean a huge cake. I am only using a 9 x13 pan. So..now what should I do? icon_eek.gif I thought of doing possibly a chalkboard..but I'm not sure how to make the chalkboard colour and wanted to see what other ideas were out there.

TIA.. icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 9

Do the hands as a boarder around the cake. Or make cupcakes instead so each child can have a cake with his or her name on it.

ebear Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks! Those are both excellent ideas!
The cupcakes maybe the way to go...

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 9

Cupcakes were my thought too.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 9

I thought of cupcakes too. 5/6 year olds LOVE cupcakes and personalized ones? How cool would that be for them?? icon_smile.gif

ebear Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 9

Hmmm..guess cupcakes is the consensus then.. icon_biggrin.gif . Now what would be the best way to decorate them? Use a 1m tip and put the hand on top?

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 9

1M tip would be pretty. Also, most little kids like chaos, so maybe you could do pull out stars in a color that contrasts the color of the handprints.

ebear Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:13am
post #8 of 9

The handprints are in a neutral colour and I'm putting their names on them in pink or blue (when they dont keep breaking on me... icon_cry.gif ) Because they are neutral I didnt know whether to keep the icing white with sprinkles or tint the icing..

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 9

I think a 1M tip swirl would be easy and look great with the handprints. What about white icing? I was going to say primary color jimmies/sprinkles but if you are doing the names in blue/pink...maybe sprinkles in blue or pink to match?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%