How Would You Get This Color??

Decorating By frstech Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 5:02pm by frstech

frstech Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 15

I need to make a baby shower cake base off of this bedding set for my SIL. I have attached a link for you to see it as I don't know how to attach a pic on the post. She wants the base color of the cake to be the orange. It really isn't a bright orange, but it isn't rust colored either. I am going to be making the dragonflies out of royal in colors to match.

http://www.mrtoys.com/glennajean/glenna-jean-stop-buggin-me-baby-crib-bedding.htm

Thanks for any help you can give me. icon_smile.gif

Dawn

14 replies
awolf24 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 15

To me it looks like a dark peach....I use Americolor gel colors and they have a peach, I'm almost sure Wilton does also, depending on what brand you use.

wgoat5 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 15

just to be different LOL it looks like a melon to me LOL

aswartzw Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 15

I would think a peach with maybe a small touch of orange and red (very small).

becky27 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 15

i agree with wgoat5 it looks like a melon!!! you know not to long ago someone on here posted a color chart....i think melon was on there....i am going to see if i find it so i can attach....

becky27 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 15
frstech Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

To me it looks like a dark peach....I use gel colors and they have a peach, I'm almost sure Wilton does also, depending on what brand you use.

Hadn't thought about peach, will have to see if I have that. Do you think I may have to add anything to darken it up??

frstech Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 15

wgoat5 & becky2... definately didn't think about it being melon color, as I hate canteloupe icon_redface.gif and that is what I assume you two are refering to as melon. becky27...thanks for that link that will get printed out and tacked to the wall and I will try both the peach & melon color to see what comes closest.

Dawn

becky27 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 15

well definately keep us informed on what color looks similar!!!! and make sure to post pics up!!!! good luck!!!!!! cute baby set by the way!!!!

wgoat5 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #10 of 15

Melon is a pinky orange icon_smile.gif

Like a pink grapefruit but with a slight bit more orange color

frstech Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:29pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Melon is a pinky orange icon_smile.gif

Like a pink grapefruit but with a slight bit more orange color

Grapefruit, I can relate to. icon_lol.gif LOL Thanks!!

awolf24 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm
post #12 of 15

I think that with a liberal dose of the gel color by itself, you can get it that shade. You could try adding a TINY bit of red to get it a little darker if you need it to be

tonedna Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #13 of 15

You can use a combination of orange and dusty rose and if is too bright still you can muted with a little bit of brown.
The green looks like a combination of americolor
neon green and the some moss green and the same goes you can cut the brigthness with a little bit of brown.
Those are definitively not your basic colors!
Edna
icon_biggrin.gif

Superstar2 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm
post #14 of 15

I think it is a pale cantalope color. I would try Americolor peach with a little yellow mixture. Do this a little at a time until you get a match. Good luck.

frstech Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:02pm
post #15 of 15

Wow icon_eek.gif , thanks guys, I now have several different ideas to try. I will let you all know what works best.

Thanks, Dawn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%