Need Some Ideas Transforming This Cake For A Baby Shower..

Decorating By Karabear1125 Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm by KHalstead

Karabear1125 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 14

Ok my CC geniuses .. I'm having trouble with ideas for this cake for a baby shower. I was told she wants this design; the 3 square tiers without the ribbon and bow. Wants the first tier yellow, second tier pink and bottom tier purple.

She wants me to put some baby stuff on the sides of the tiers, but what? she also wants to keep the white dots on the sides of the cake too..also I'm out of ideas for a topper?

Here is the cake, I'm not sure who made it or where it came from but any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
LL

13 replies
charlieinMO Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 14

what about baby booties for the topper? and maybe a rattle, bottle etc made out of fondant or gumpaste for the sides? I looked at your photos and you do beautiful cakes so I know you can do this one too!! thumbs_up.gif
Good luck!

gottabakenow Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 14

i was thinking baby booties too.

melvin01 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 14

Pacifiers for the corners would be cute, or rattles. You can make some rattles out of buttercream, freeze them and transfer onto the cake.

If you have time to make a little fondant bear, that would be cute to add to one of the tiers, too. I'd look at some other cake pictures here and try to find a few different items to make and add them. It's a pretty cake and almost anything will look good on it.

Good luck and make sure to post the final product!

KHalstead Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 14

or even little babies in different postitions....laying down, sleeping on belly, sitting on edge, cuddled with a blanket

crl Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 14

You could make a baby figure out of fondant/gumpaste on a blanket or under a blanket for the topper. You could also maybe make little blocks to match the colors of the layers and put them on the cake board.

awolf24 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:01pm
post #7 of 14

I like the teddy bear idea, maybe even some tiny ABC blocks. I'm weird...I know she wants baby stuff but I don't like rattles, pacifiers or booties (just me, I guess)....

Could you do a baby peeking out from under a blanket for the topper?

KASCARLETT Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 14

If they have the theme of the shower picked out, you could get an invitation or napkin and try to duplicate some of those elements.

Molly2 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:08pm
post #9 of 14

Look in my pictures I have a 3 tier square baby shower cake I hope this will help. mine is yellow, pink, and blue
Molly2

Babarooskie Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:08pm
post #10 of 14

You know what will be really cute?? Some baby blocks.
Yo can stack like 2 on each corner of the cakes. That way, the blocks will be in the yellow, pink, and purple.

As fpr the topper, maybe a cute little teddy bear??

HTH!

jessieb578 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:10pm
post #11 of 14

Ohh, I like the idea of all the babies in different positions, that would be adorable!

awolf24 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:11pm
post #12 of 14

KHalstead and crl - ha ha ha great minds think alike! We were posting at the same time. icon_smile.gif

Karabear1125 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm
post #13 of 14

You guys are AWESOME! Thanks sooo much! icon_smile.gif I think I'll go with some baby blocks, and maybe some babies and just add as I go along.. I'll definately post pics when I'm done. Again thanks everyone!! icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

KHalstead and crl - ha ha ha great minds think alike! We were posting at the same time. icon_smile.gif

I guess all of us CC people are starting to think like eachother lol. You know how they say when you hang out with someone long enough you start to pick up eachother's behaviors and mannerisms.........maybe it's happening to all of us from being on CC so much lol icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%